3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow flight question  (Read 589 times)

Offline bigb3303

• Trad Bowhunter
arrow flight question
« on: November 08, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
i bought some new gt 3555 arrows , 31 inch with 150 grain point. I shoot a 50lb bow at 28inch with a 26inch draw so bout 46lbs... My arrows hit were I look but porpus in fligt like woble virticly not side to side but up and down? how can I fix this?  :banghead:

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow flight question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Adjust nock point.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
x2. You may find you also need a little more tip weigh when it comes to broadhead and bareshaft tuning.

But two tracks is right, sounds like contact with the shelf. Also might try shootign cock feather in instead of out (in addition to nock point)... sometimes that can reduce shelf contact.

Offline bigb3303

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
alright thanks guys! would you recomend moving the knock point up or down? I think I need to re glue the padding on my shelf also, becouse its coming up on the side closest to me . It wasnt effecting where I hit, or my feathers so I hadnt messed with it , but mabey I whould

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
use a bow square and usually if the arrow is close to square with the knock I try moving up first...use tape as a knock till you find the sweet spot then put on your knock.

good luck...

Offline bigb3303

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
Tape is an awsome Idea! I was wondering how to adjust it without messing up my nock bushing

Online JDBerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
Bigb3303, The best way to adjust the string nock is to paper tune, take a cardboard box,cut the top & bottom out, Tape a Sheet of news paper to the front of the box. Place it about 3 ft. from your target, Stand about 6 ft. facing target, shoot arrow thru paper, Rip high, Lower nock. Rip low, rise string nock....James

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
First off, I would get your nocking point set vertically correct first as two tracks said, then once you had that right I would start cutting them off an inch at a time and find the best spine. I think your bullets are way too long for your draw length. Of course if you like them long thats fine to.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
A low nocking point can also cause the bare arrow to hit nock high because it deflects off the shelf. Checking first with a bow square like trbltrbl said is a good idea.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline bigb3303

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Just an update, I glues my rest back good, and moved my knock point up and they are flying like darts! I am shooting better then I ever have now! Thank you guys!

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
good to hear. Enjoy!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©