3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pass around Tuktu Ex TD  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pass around Tuktu Ex TD
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
Abe...will this bow be shown at the Kalamazoo event in 2 weeks?

Offline Cari-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
No Kevin
I would then have to take it out it's rotation for that to happen. I'm not sure if that's fair to the rest that signed up.
Abe

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
Darn...I was hoping you'd have a pretty bow there for us to fondle.

;)

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this bow. even though I'm a lefty, I'm gonna shoot this baby plenty from the right side when my buddy Dave gets his turn!

(o.k. I've probably said that 3 times already, but.. seriously!!)
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Well, i just had my turn with Abes bow, just so happens i got in time for our fri. nite trad league this week.  I had arrived late due to having to plow snow, in the past month i had picked up a used Blacktail Snakebit bow, so everyone was looking to seeing it when i arrived, and when i pulled out Abes bow, no one was disappointed, all were very impressed, so i let a few guys shoot it,no one, including me had ever shot a static tip recurve, all they said was wow, awesome bow, the price scared them a little, but they  sure loved the bow, and why not, fit and finish is excellent, awesome grip, fast and quiet, dead in the hand, and a two-piece, i am sure there will be a static tip recurve in my arsenal in the future and if there is,it will be one of Abes. Thanks for the opportunity Abe, i have been shooting this bow on and off all day today in my basement, going to shoot at the range after work tomorrow with a couple of friends, and tuesday its off to the next fella,love this bow, thanks.  Dave
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
mooshkat gave me a call with the news the bow was headed my way. Im really looking forward to the opportunity. I have to work this coming weekend but will have all day Monday and Tuesday come snow, cold, rain, or shine.

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
First off I would like to thank Abe for the opportunity to shoot his bow. Ive had the bow a few days and have had the chance to put quite a few arrows down range. The fit and finish is excellent. Its pretty obvious Abe is a master craftsman. The connection system is nice and solid. I really liked the shape of the grip and the beavertail that was installed. The grip just provided a non-slip and consistent hand placement.
The bow shot very well. To me the draw seemed pretty stiff up front but really smoothed out and felt like it had a little let off at the end. The bow shoots hard and is very quiet. I felt little to no handshock on release. I thought the mass weight of the bow would be a little bit heavier being a 2 piece. I put on one of my selway strap on quivers and it made the overall weight about perfect. Adding the quiver really balanced  the bow nicely. Overall its just an excellent shooting bow that I would be proud to own.
I shot 29 1/2" GT 55/75 with a 100 grain brass inserts and anywhere from a 125-175 grain field point. The bow seemed pretty spine tolerant.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Great feedback on a great bow.

Keep em coming.    :archer2:    :archer2:

Offline Cari-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
Josh
Here is the draw force curve of one with similar weight.

I will also include what I call an effort graph. This will tell how much weight increase for every inch the bow is drawn. It might explain to you what your feeling.

The 2 piece doesn't really add weight to the bow.
 I shoot mine with a quiver most of the time but that's how I shoot all my bows with quivers on. I am mostly a hunter  and a quiver on the bow just makes sense to me.
Abe

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
Abe, I like the effort graph, gives you a really good idea of the
Weight increase throughout the draw. It will definitely work for me.

Roy
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
TTT....I've got something waiting for me at home!!!!  
I have really been looking forward to this test drive.  I will post my report when I'm done.

Joe

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »
WOo Hoo its back in Canada!  Now it just have to move westward  :)
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Someone has to keep track of the miles on this bow!!!!

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
I just spent several days shooting this beautiful bow and it did not disappoint.  I took it out of the basement a few times to go rabbit hunting.....which became stump shooting days.

After reading the previous reviews all I can say is that I agree.  The bow is a work of art which fans of Abe's Cari-bow's know and appreciate.

When I first saw these bows on the Cari-bow website I contacted Abe for info and pricing.  What I was most curious about though was how would it compare to my favourite bow?  My 2pc Cari-bow Slynx.  This is where my review will focus.  There must be other people wondering the same thing....  Starting with the grip.  The TuktuEX has a very similar shaped grip to my Slynx.  It's slightly higher wristed has the similar thumb rest but it is larger and fills my palm more.  It's very repeatable like my Slynx and also has the beavertail wrap that I really like.  Excuse the shadows in the picture.  I hope you can get an idea of the grip sizes.  The picture also shows the larger sight window and wider limbs of the TuktuEX.  The limbs are wider but they are not as deep.  Limb tips are nice and small too, no excess weight where you don't want it.

Both bows are 60" amo BUT the actual strung length tip to tip of the TuktuEX is only 55" VS the Slynx which is 58". The TuktuEX weighs more than my Slynx but not by alot (sorry, no scale).  It feels very solid in the hand.  I prefer to shoot my Slynx with a quiver and I found the same to be true with the TuktuEX. Shooting both back to back to back...my 55 lb Slynx vs the 54 lb TuktuEX.  Both are dead at the shot.  I expected a bit more resonance from the TuktuEX but it wasn't there.  Very nice.  Both are quiet but the Slynx has the edge here.  The speed by eye is very close between the two but if I had to guess (no chrono) I would say the TuktuEX may have a slight edge.  I did find that to get really good bareshaft flight the TuktuEX needed a much stiffer arrow than the Slynx.  The draw....I draw 28.5".  Both bows are heavily preloaded so the weight comes on early but at the end of the draw and trying to overdraw I am impressed with the TuktuEX.  They are both great but I bet the TuktuEX can handle a 30" draw.  Look at the limbs bend!!

My first attempt at video...hope it works (click on the pics below).

I really like this bow.  I swapped back and forth between the two and can't say which one I shoot better.  Abe, thanks for letting me try it out, you've got a winner here.

Joe

Offline Cari-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
Joe
It's interesting that with the camera above the target in the video the sound of the arrow hitting  comes well before the arrow is in the target. How did that work?
It's like sound travels way faster then light . I know that's not suppose to happen ( my poor memory from school) or do I have that mixed up!
Or is that why some animals get out of the way so quick.
Abe

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
Yeah, the sound is out of sync in that top video....we wouldn't stand a chance if the animals got that much of a jump on us!

That sixth picture down is a frame of the arrow just before hitting the stump I'm shooting at.  I just got a Sony Action Cam and at 60 frames per second I am able to catch the release, arrow leaving the string and two frames of the arrow in flight before it's out of the camera angle.  It looks pretty cool.  It also shows how steady the bow is at the shot.

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
TTT
Any new updates guys?

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member