3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: the older i get the more it all means  (Read 1129 times)

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: the older i get the more it all means
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
Why is it that so many of us can have these same thoughts, but do not have the ability to put them into such wonderful words.  Thanks Ken for letting us speak and live through your words..
                     BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline LAWYER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
Every word endorsed!!!!

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Ken,

I for one am glad that you live in those great mountains where the wilderness could ignite your prose.

For those of you who have never wandered miles from a road in the Adirondack mountains, go there. You just might come back a poet like Ken.

46r

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
:notworthy:
Mel Riley

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »
Great stuff! God has a way of enlightening us all through nature if we just allow it to happen. The outdoors are my church away from church and I see God in all that exists out there. I have been very blessed to experience his gentle hand through all of the things you mention Ken. The screech of a hawk and his graceful predatory flight. The smell of the evergreens on a fall breeze,....the desert sage in the morning. Too many awe inspiring sunrises and sunsets! I'm glad that I have met like-minded brothers and sisters here who share their passions with me and relate the things we all share and "know" when we are out taking part in the great circle of life. Hope all of you make sacred new memories and connections this hunting season!

Thanks for ringing the tuning fork in my soul through your words Ken. God Bless!

Offline Mr Vic at the cabin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
""it is good to see the old ways have not died. i believe they are alive and well, just very hard to hear and see in this day""             No truer words were ever spoken.               We all have a lot to learn, with an open heart we will recieve.
"If i could help just ONE person on the good path and see things they did not understand i would feel that i have accomplished something worthy in my life."  Ken Mowery (Adkmountainman)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
again thanks for the kind words, now i need to ask for some advice and direction. i word i hear often and use often is "like minded", their are many of us however i would like to help those who have feelings or witnessed events they can't understand. i have been taught many lessons by the great Creator and his children of the forest, things that most would pass of as coincidence or common events. with the help of Mr. Vic and by using my own feelings i have been able to read many lessons and pass then on to others. i KNOW there are many out there that started of like me and passed off many lessons as coincidence or "HOLY COW" that is weird!! first let me tell you that DO NOT BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCE, things happen for a purpose and many lessons are lost this way. secound if you think there was more to something then there was and you need to sit back, slow down and think about it, the time, the place, what is happening in your life and what you think it might mean. Vic helped me tremendously with this. i had the name of "teacher" hung on me recently and i do not feel deserving however if i could help just ONE person on the good path and see things they did not understand i would feel that i have accomplished something worthy in my life which brings me to my next question. i really want to write a non profit book of lessons that have been sent to me and how i learned to read them and apply them. i would also like like to include simple thoughts and feelings that i believe others feel but do not ask or express them for fear of ridacual.  i have always been outspoken, thick skinned and have walked my own way so i kind of laughed at ridacule my whole life. i have often spoke up for others who i know realize there is more yet are to shy to express it.
  My question is do you think this is a wise decision or should i just proceed with what i feel and do vocally? i do not fear backlash or non believers as they are not who this is about, it is about the few i hope to help, touch, or guide to looking within themselves and showing them that they are not alone. what do you think????? any feed back at all is greatly welcomed!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Great words, Ken.  Thanks     :notworthy:      :campfire:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
Ken, the book would be an excellent idea.  You definately have been given the gift of words.  Therefore you should use them so they are not lost.  Our gifts are meant to be shared, for that is the only way wisdom can be passed to the next generation.  May peace go with you brother.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »
I for one would love to read just such a book :0)  Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
If you can write your words here.....You can write them in a book, My Brother!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
Yea Ken,that is the very reason I went back to a stick and string.It's all about everything else in the hunt.Write it down and you will reflect on it and enjoy it, book or not, it will be enjoyable and beneficial.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
nice words Kenny, good stuff.

:)   :)
BD

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
Yessir, and hopefully many deer will be "just out of range".
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
seems like they are always just a little out of range but that leaves more time to reflect on the good stuff!   :campfire:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©