3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: small game trick  (Read 260 times)

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
small game trick
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Last year on a thread on small game points I posted a trick I use for recovering points from boot top breaks.  I got to recover three judos in the past two weeks (yep, miss a lot and we have lots of rocks out here).
I tied a piece of dental floss to the shaft and twist it to the shaft for about 5 inches.  i glue the other end of the floss  in the point glue.  When the shaft breaks, the point is dangling on the end of the floss-saved me about $9 bucks this past weekeend as i lost no judos.  The floss does not affect anything, but sure makes it easy to find the point.

I also make cheap blunts:  take a 9mm case, heat it until it is hot and then drive it on a target point..  When cool cut off the web end of the casing.  It will leave you with a blunt that weighs just a little over the weight of atarget point as the thick and heavy part of the casing is removed, leaving only a thin brass sheaf.  They dig in just enough not to lose many.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: small game trick
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
I used to put .410 empties on flu-flus when I was a kid, for blunts.  Good times.
Jim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©