3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anticipation and disapoiment  (Read 369 times)

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
anticipation and disapoiment
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Each evening I leave the house with the expectation of seeing ,if not shooting a deer .Each evening  this seasion I have been disappointed when it did not happen .( most of the time ) No deer shot and very few seen .Tonight it came to me that for me the anticipation and disappointment are a big part of my hunting .It would not be the same if I did not expect to see deer and was not disappointed when I did not . Just my thoughts on what makes it so rewarding when it all comes together .

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anticipation and disapoiment
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
Exactly! - If were easy it would not be so darn rewarding when it all comes together.

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
After years of bowhunting i've come to really appreciate the anticipation for no matter how successful your season is it will rarely live up to your expectations.  But stopping and refocusing on the real reason your out there helps.  It's still hard to stay focused when your not seeing deer.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
I think you are right on Richard but I also think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves which takes away from the enjoyment!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:54:00 AM »
both are a key ingredient for a traditional bowhunter. But the plus side is the anticipation never dies, the disapointment weakens, and we learn way more with each hunt than any other type of hunter out there.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »
I was fortunate to have several different deer  within a few yards of me while hunting  on the ground the last week and a half and most were bucks..Two were very big 8 pointers but I just couldn't get a shot on one at 12 yards and the other I totally missed the shot and my own fault But  I thanked the Lord each day  for                 giving me a few good days with just He and I sitting still and enjoying the simple smells of the Autumn and squirrels,woodpeckers,geese overhead and watching turkeys come down from roosting above my head and watched as the leaves turned  color and fall and blanket the         forest floor...I had a very successful hunt even though no tags were filled...I just counted  my  blessing and appreciate you starting this  post cause a successful hunt doesn't                               even have to involve seeing the game animal we were expecting and hoping for but it sure      does add "iceing on the cake" so to speak doesn't it?

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
I always enjoy my hunting excursions, but I sure would like to try some of that "icing" on my cake!   :laughing:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©