3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A JACKAL is Born...  (Read 1966 times)

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A JACKAL is Born...
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Early Christmas present, huh guys??? haha Thanks for the description of the handle area Randy. A constant location of the bow hand is big on my list of attributes of a bow.
As for the belly overlays I am of in the "overdone" category. Really just a personal preference I guess. But I like the wood in the riser to blend with the wood on the limbs.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline GrisMunkyNinja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2013, 04:07:00 AM »
FXT Jackal?!!  Gonna be sweet!   :clapper:   Didn't think there would be enough wood for a FXT.  Gotta get on milling up my Milo log that we pulled from my aunty's years ago.
Not a fan of the belly overlays.  Definitely over the top especially if done on a FXT model.  Seems like the whole essence of the Jackal is simplicity.  What really impresses me about South's work is how he carves and shapes each riser.  So many purposefully carved out contours and facets that become even more impressive when held in person.  The belly overlays seem half heartedly slapped on and unimpressive (no offense).  I would love to see more contour lines and facets like on the Wolverine and Coyote models.  When I order one I'm not going for the overlays, but to each his own I guess.
Stalker Wolverine 58" 45# @ 26

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by snag:

As for the belly overlays I am of in the "overdone" category. Really just a personal preference I guess. But I like the wood in the riser to blend with the wood on the limbs.
My opinion too.

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
No belly overlay for me as well ! IMO, Stalkers are "Sexy" enough with there beautiful curves and don't need the added "make up" !   :thumbsup:
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline GrisMunkyNinja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
Just saw this on Facebook.  Jackal FXT looking good!

Stalker Wolverine 58" 45# @ 26

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by GrisMunkyNinja:
Just saw this on Facebook.  Jackal FXT looking good!

That is frigging AWESOME looking!

And I think I am with everybody else on the belly overlays! Leave them off, but available as an option.

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©