3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A JACKAL is Born...  (Read 1964 times)

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A JACKAL is Born...
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
The jackal is so slick!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
I really like that signature flare at the grip base of the Coyote (and my Dingo). The craftsmanship and attention to detail is sure to be first rate like everything that comes from under South's hand but the Jackal looks like a nootered Coyote to me.

I hope I'm not out of line for saying that because I mean it with all respect. Just my honest opinion FWIW. (Free)...    :archer2:
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2013, 01:47:00 AM »
Thanks for the additional input Gang!

The bow is on it's way to Mr. Burtis' house, minus one riser…      :dunno:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
The Jackal.......I like what I see!!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
At what time might the Jackal be put into the line up?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
So I spent some time with this bow this week. I can say for sure that it is a great design. Sheds a lot of weight from the wolverine and the coyote. It will go through some evolution yet I am sure.  I believe for those that want the slim lines not found on the coyote you will love this option.

As Ryan said before the coyote is not leaving the line up and will still serve those who prefer it. This is just another option. It will appeal the longbow guys as well as those who like the slim lined recurves like I do.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Paul_R

"Jackal looks like a nootered Coyote to me. "    :biglaugh:

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
I got the Jackal on Friday and since the last day of the extended archery was Saturday, I thought I'd take it out. I put my static recurve limbs on. Needless to say the transition for the coyote to the jackal was smooth.

Unfortunatley due to no weather, read NO snow, and daytime highs near fifty the deer movement was slow. Throw in the fact there were a lot of other hunters that blew two potential opportunities, there was no blood drawn. But it was a great day on the mountain, and stump shooting with it was a pleasure.

As most of you know I'm a pretty die hard longbow guy. But this is a riser I was begging South to build, and with a few little tweeks I think he nailed it! I'll have this riser for when I want to shoot a recurve that I can hold like a longbow   :)  

" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline sheephunter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Very cool looking!Like the looks and profile of the solid wood one better than the laminate handle.
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 58@28
Bob Lee 60" 3PC RC 52@28
Great Plains 64" 1PC LB 57@28
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 53@28
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow" Fred Bear

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Here's a look at the third prototype, "Boone"…

This one is going to be tested by a few TG members…

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=133815;p=1

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
I'm liking the looks of the brown risers grip. Am I seeing the area where the base of the thumb, or the meaty part of the thumb, rests is kind of flat? If so, that is what I would prefer as a contact point. There also seems to be a bit of a bulbous profile. Nice lines.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
It looks that way.  Hopefully South will chime in, not sure how similar this third design is compared to the first two that I saw.  I know it's going to be awhile, but when you get the bow, please be sure to provide us your personal input.  Definitely want to hear your thoughts!

Offline ozzyshane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Ryan that is the one i like it... very smooth lines South has another winner Thanks Shane

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
Aloha Shane!

Great to hear from you mate!!!

How are things going???

Take care!

Ryan

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Snag, it's been a while since I had my hands on the handles myself. I'll have to look it over again when they come back in later this week. I'll get back with you then. I was hoping to have them in my hands when I made Boone, but had to go off of my fading memory and pics that Ryan and I had taken to put this latest handle together.
 I'm working on the jigs for a FXT model of the Jackal. I'd like to hear more of your guys feedback on the belly overlays, if you guys like them or think that it makes the handles too "busy" or overdone. I don't want to add stuff just because I can. There is a line between enhancing and detracting. I know that line is different for each person, but I want to make sure that I'm not crossing if for the majority of people.
  I will be adding a mosaic accent stripe this year as an option for people who are looking for a little more eye. It'll be available on all bow models.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
My son and I had the opportunity to shoot the bow at Ryan's and really like the feel of it. It seats very nicely in the hand and doesn't shift at all on the pull. I'm an open hand shooter and the bow felt great. I own a Coyote and unfortunately didn't have it with me to make a side by side comparison, but it is a very nice shooter. Smooth, fast, stable, no stacking, and REALLY quiet.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
Snag the thumb cut out is evident but not really flat. I think you will find it does allow for consistent and easy location though.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
South maybe the belly overlays could be offered as only an option. Similar to the mosaic stripe.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
I agree with Randy, I'd make the overlays optional. The riaer is on its way back. Somehow I lost the grey one  :dunno:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Now both the brown one and the grey one are lost. Oh my. Good thing South knows how the make them.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©