3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What day packs are you guys using???  (Read 1239 times)

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
What day packs are you guys using???
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
I hunt watershed property in NY. Usually walk in in the dark and out late afternoon. We mix in a few all day hunts. I hike in about an 45 minute to 1 hour walk to some of my spots. I carry my gillie, lunch, water, gut bag, pruners, calls bonocs, and extra shirt, a Torges Seat. Looking for some suggestions for a good day pack.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What day packs are you guys using???
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
I have had a few but the Eberlestock X2 is the best I have found.  Get  the extension straps and you can strap in a tree stand plus extra clothes with ease.  I really like it for my style of hunting and because it has a frame for heavy loads.

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
I have had a few but the Eberlestock X2 is the best I have found.  Get  the extension straps and you can strap in a tree stand plus extra clothes with ease.  I really like it for my style of hunting and because it has a frame for heavy loads.

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
I use a Badlands Super Day and really like it.I can carry lots of stuff easily.To much stuff actually!
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »

I use an old military surplus musette bag.  Had it so long I don't even remember which country it was originally from.

Have had it about 30 years and it has logged a lot of miles.  

Small enough to stay out of the way and big enough to carry lunch and pack out a heart and liver (if I move everything else to coat pockets for the drag out).
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
Fieldline pro backpack. I carry my tow rope, knife, binos, and rattling antlers in it. Occasionally a few other items make their way in there depending on where I am hunting but for the most part that's it for me.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
I have used a bunch of different packs. Love my eberlystock for carrying camera gear when I did.
Last few years I have been using a different type of pack for 99% of my hunting. I wanted a durable reliable bit lighter weight and fast drying pack so I started using backpacking brands of smaller day packs like Lowe alpine, Gregory, camelback, etc. I love them! Light, tough, functional, and super comfortable. Don't see myself going back to a heavier hunting pack again. Nothing wrong with any of the amazing hunting packs out there. But for me the light weight and fast dry time is a big factor. I am currently using a Gregory pack and love it.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
Eberlestock Sawed Off does everything I need a daypack to do.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline TJK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Bison Gear outfitter with shoulder straps.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Bison gear lost river. Not cheap but the best I've ever used.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline bearsfeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 11:36:00 PM »
Bison gear lost river is good, comfortable and wool is always good for not sticking out to critters.
Levi Bedortha

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
I have used a lot of top end packs, and badlands are my favorites. plus they have THE best warranty in the business. right now I am using a white tail hybrid and it is my favorite pack so far. 1980 cubic inches and has a million pockets(almost literally). eberlystock and tenzing are probably my next two. kuiu is awesome too from what I hear, but VERY expensive...but I have always found that you get what you pay for, especially with hunting gear.

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rick Moss:
I have used a lot of top end packs, and badlands are my favorites. plus they have THE best warranty in the business. right now I am using a white tail hybrid and it is my favorite pack so far. 1980 cubic inches and has a million pockets(almost literally). eberlystock and tenzing are probably my next two. kuiu is awesome too from what I hear, but VERY expensive...but I have always found that you get what you pay for, especially with hunting gear.

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
oops, meant to correct a spelling goof, and quoted myself...lol.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 12:34:00 AM »
I have a small waist pack made of fleece. Room for two bottles, and two compartments to place my knife, compass, rope, plastic bag, binos, etc. Spots to strap on extra items.
Cheapo, but has been with me now for 16 years. Hmmm, not bad.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »
I've got several, but like my old Walmart Fieldline I think it is.. for what I use it for. It's really lightweight, has frame and big storage to pack out deer.

I sewed an extra pouch on the belt..left side..for stand keys, glasses and such that I can reach without having to take off the backpack.

I like my Badlands Monster Fanny Pack for when not packing out deer.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
I bought an Eberlestock X2 the year they were introduced, and I still have it. One of the best day packs I've ever owned. When they added the tubular frame I checked it out and was disappointed...but that's just me being me. So no more X2s in my future.

My finest day pack ever is a Mystery Ranch Dragonslayer. It is beyond comfortable and close-fitting. The yoke & belt exceed every day pack I've ever tried. The build quality of the MR pack is definitely a couple notches above my X2.

My X2 is a really good pack. My Mystery Ranch is a full cut above that.

Online Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Another plug for Badlands I have the Diablo. The open air space between the pack and my back really helps keep from getting sweated up on long walks to a stand. Lots of room for what ever you need to carry.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline rambo1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
I have a old fieldline day pack with two side pouches it's 100% fleece it was my dads just gave it to me we switched since I bowhunt more he is always swamped with work all that's in my pack a headlight bowstringer and spare string if a worst case scenario happens in field a gutting knife my treestamd seat a grunt call a pack of h.s. Pine scent wafers and that's about it I'm gonna be lightning her up today because I have one last hunt in ny on thanksgiving day with my cousin
Black widow 2007 PSR 2 T/D recurve 60" 48#@28"
Bear kodiak hunter 1pc. 50x#@28" 60" style recurve
Kota Prairie Swift 1pc. 53#@28" 60"
Samick Leopard recurve T/D 50#@28" 60"

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
I use a pack I bought at Wally world a long time back.  It's a bit heavy but OTOH, is made of heavy denier.  I carry more than I need on any given day but everything could be needed on some days.  The only thing it is not suited to is packing a large load of meat.  Am thinking of going to something a bit more heavy duty with a frame so that a substantial portion of meat can be taken out on the first trip back to camp.

The one thing that my pack has and to me is absolutely necessary is a waist and chest strap.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©