3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ACTIVE MILITARY AND VETS, please read...  (Read 606 times)

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
ACTIVE MILITARY AND VETS, please read...
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
Want to go Hunting???

I was reading Mikes post on arrow building, and see that he is a military vet...and I thanked him for his service. I want to THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH for your service and your sacrifice! I know that so many people just go about their every day lives and never give it a second though, as to why this country is so great and why we live such a blessed and great life here in this great country. I take time to go out of my way and thank any and every military person and anyone with a veteran hat on that I see in public...you guys and gals all really mean that much to me! without your fight, your blood, your tears, your losses, and your passion and love...this country would just be another country, but it is far from that, THIS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON THIS EARTH, and it is BECAUSE OF YOU! and I THANK YOU from the deepest part of my soul and being! THANK YOU. God bless you all and everyone in this country owes you more than any of us could ever repay you, and it saddens me deeply that our men and women are still over there and abroad fighting and a lot making the ultimate sacrifice when in my opinion they should be home now, but I also know they would not have it any other way...and that is why they are the greatest hero's this world will ever see. so to those who have served, who have fought, and have died for us...THANK YOU, you are, and always will be loved and supported! God bless you, and thank you.

to all who have not served, please take every opportunity you get, and thank our military men, women, and vets...because without them, we would not be living in THE GREATEST COUNTRY in the world.....but without these folks, we could not  shoot our trad gear

HOOAH!!!

So, for your thanks, I would offer any vets or active duty military folks to hunt on some great property in Coshocton county Ohio...but you must only bring traditional gear! thank you all!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ACTIVE MILITARY AND VETS, please read...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
My thanks to you for your acknowledgment of all that's done.

As an active duty AF member I can tell you it's appreciated.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
As a vet, I too, thank you and all for remembering.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Yes, Rick, thank you very much.  Even though I was not "in" Viet Nam, I was in South East Asia as support.  The welcome we received at civilian airports when we came home was far from cordial and nearly always very hostile.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
As a vet, I thank you also.
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline John Zieske

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Wish I could go to Ohio! Thanks Bro.
J Zieske
VFW Life Member
Elk Camp Cribbage Nut

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by SELFBOW19953:
Yes, Rick, thank you very much.  Even though I was not "in" Viet Nam, I was in South East Asia as support.  The welcome we received at civilian airports when we came home was far from cordial and nearly always very hostile.
well, even though you were not 'in' Vietnam...im sure you would have went with a drop of a hat, and not thought twice about it...

AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
Thanks for caring. Treatment of vets today is much better than in some years past, and for that I am very glad. Some of us can remember a much different way that vets were treated. If you have ever read the poem "Tommy" by Rudyard Kipling, you could get an idea of how the military was treated in the late 60s and early 70s. I am grateful that those times are past us.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
You have no idea how far a "Thank You" goes.  It is the simplest of gestures and bears more weight than anything.

That is some beautiful country with some mighty fine deer.  I drive thru there to visit Kinfolk in West "By God" Virginia.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Rick, I fit your requirements  even to the point that I use stone heads when hunting BUT I have lost that hunting desire and hardly go any more.

BUT if I did I would sure take you up on it.

AND I would like to thank you sir for your recognition, thoughtfulness and generosity.

Semper Fi
Jon

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Sure is cool to see so much appreciation for our vets.
Thanks you Rick. And thanks to those who served before and after me.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »
I appreciate your recognition of our service.

I think it was over 30 years after I got back home before I heard anything that even closely resembled a "Thank you!".

The general population has made a great deal of change for the better in their attitudes toward veterans.

I am grateful to all of the men and women who are currently serving our country.

Some of these are most definitely in harms way, those not only get my thanks but my prayers.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
Thank you Sir! And your welcome.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
Thank you for your support!

Rodd

'88-'00 army
'01-present air force
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the recognition and offer Rick. I've got my hand full over her in God's country. My son and d-i-l live in Columbus OH. If timing's right I might drop over and say 'Hi".
USN '68-'72
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
I'd also like to say thanks for your offer and thanks.
Four years ago at a Veterans Day event was the first time since I returned from Vietnam that someone actually said thanks.
In the 1970's things were different.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »
Man thats awesome. I would take you up on that in a heartbeat if you werent 15 hours away! Thanks for putting that out there for guys.

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Thanks for your support and like others have said "thanks" was not the common phrase when I got out in '72. It was generally more along the lines of obsenity directed towards us-especially if in uniform. It is a great country even with all the problems we now are facing but the support given those serving now shows how much we the people have learned from the past. Heartfelt thanks to those who are still serving and come home safe.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
This was sent to me by a former Marine Vietnam Vet. This says it all and no one said it better than Ronald Reagan.

This is a thank you to our veterans and shows what this country was and can be again.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKsW6c_CgFY?feature=player_detailpage
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gil Verwey:
This was sent to me by a former Marine Vietnam Vet. This says it all and no one said it better than Ronald Reagan.

This is a thank you to our veterans and shows what this country was and can be again.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKsW6c_CgFY?feature=player_detailpage  
touching. I know we live in different times, and back in 'the day' people hated war(as most do now, it just seems so many have grown up at a time of war nowadays), but I still do not quite understand how people did not support our soldiers who fought and died for us! I guess the government and the whole mentality of people was just different. I sure wish we had a pres like R.Regan again...it seems...nevermind, that is a conversation better left for another time. but still what is important is that you men and women know that you are honored, loved, and respected and we thank you, every single one of you!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©