3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: close...but no cigar !  (Read 385 times)

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
close...but no cigar !
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
I spent the last week of the bow hunting season in Missouri with my best friend. I live in Florida but have been coming to Missouri almost every year since '94. I was hunting with my longbow and had a big 8 pointer to within 12 yards but couldn't shoot because I didn't have a broadside or quartering away angle. I've killed 13 deer with a compound and 6 with a rifle over the years up here but I wanted #20 to be with my longbow. I've hunted exclusively with the longbow for the last 3 seasons and have yet to seal the deal. I've taken 5 shots but have yet to connect. It will make it all the more sweeter when I do...and I WILL ! I love it

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: close...but no cigar !
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
That's the spirit!!! Keep at it and enjoy it when it happens!!
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline Rick Moss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
I think I will be knowing first hand what you are going through real soon, I am going to use my compound for the rest of this year...but starting next year, it will be all recurve for me! good luck, and you are persistant, you will connect.

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
I am 3 years deerless now. I recently got back from an Ohio trip and saw some nice bucks but didn't get the right opportunity. I missed 4 times over my week long hunt and loved every minute of it. Probably could have shot a 130 inch 10 pt. with a crossgun but there I sat with my longbow. Sometimes it's not meant to be but it will happen    :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©