3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrewhaven part 2,pg 1- TV show of camp,old stories/pics pg 5/6  (Read 1914 times)

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrewhaven part 2,pg 1- TV show of camp,old stories/pics pg 5/6
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
That was very cool to watch. Thanks for sharing

Offline Berliner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 05:12:00 AM »
Thank you for providing an insight into SHREWHAVEN LODGE and the wonderful crew.
I send the link to my dad, who is the same age as Ron, but not an archer or hunter. And YES SIR! , he  was also very impressed and fond of the the mood displayed and the camaraderie.    :campfire:  
He asked me to print and frame "The Ghost of Armstrong Creek" for him. It`ll be my Christmas present for him decorated with one of my arrows.
Thanks again,
Vincent
Jerry Hill - Stalker deluxe 69" [email protected]
Osage Selfbow - 66" [email protected]

Online elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »
Thanks for shareing Ray!

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
fantastic
Big Mike

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
I enjoyed watching that Ray, thanks for posting. I almost always hunt alone, but as I age I would really like to have a place like that to go each year and to be able to spend time with friends. Ron is a true gem in our world that's for sure. Good stuff!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by KentuckyTJ:
I enjoyed watching that Ray, thanks for posting. I almost always hunt alone, but as I age I would really like to have a place like that to go each year and to be able to spend time with friends. Ron is a true gem in our world that's for sure. Good stuff!
As Tim and Eric (both live in Indiana) noted, they certainly could be at home during the rut (the chase phase was just starting the last day or two we were in camp in the UP) as could Greg and I in northwestern lower peninsula.  However, the camp fun trumps chasing a big buck every time. If we put camp back a week, we bump into the other partners who are there for gun season. If we go earlier in October, we run into warm weather deer hanging issues and competition with bear hunters/season.  I too used to like to hunt 'alone' or with a single partner but as I wrote in my TBM article a year ago about camp, there's an aging process(along with some 'mentoring') as we move along in our hunting careers that changes priorities.  Camp life and hunting is just really different than one on one hunting.

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the show. We were all thankful to have the opportunity to have our camp 'legacy' filmed for viewing for years to come. As I mentioned with the introduction, Brian has some big shoes to fill replacing a 30 year legend and he's off to a great start.  We all wish him the best.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing.
That was great!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Very cool, you guys are doing it right!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
amen!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline stumpsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
:coffee:    Loved it!
Semper Fidelis

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
I am moved. More so by the older gentleman with the rack on the table. He brought tears to my eyes with the passion and fire that would light his eyes as he spoke. He had a very solemn side in the same voice.  That voice was the sound of disappointment with the way things are today ,but the fire that almost instantly followed gives me great hope for the younger generation of hunter. I am a part of that younger generation.  At 36 yrs I realize that I need to be more active in supporting our great heritage rather than worrying about the largest horns. I have instant respect for that gentlemen.  He spoke iconically!!  Great video. Also not to mention the "Ghost of Armstrong Creek". Straight from a living legend. Thanks for the post.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
I am moved. More so by the older gentleman with the rack on the table. He brought tears to my eyes with the passion and fire that would light his eyes as he spoke. He had a very solemn side in the same voice.  That voice was the sound of disappointment with the way things are today ,but the fire that almost instantly followed gives me great hope for the younger generation of hunter. I am a part of that younger generation.  At 36 yrs I realize that I need to be more active in supporting our great heritage rather than worrying about the largest horns. I have instant respect for that gentlemen.  He spoke iconically!!  Great video. Also not to mention the "Ghost of Armstrong Creek". Straight from a living legend. Thanks for the post.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
I'm glad everyone got to get a glimpse of our group of "Brothers" We are a diversified group with each person contributing with their own special talents. Without these men there would be no Shrew Haven, I feel blessed to have such friends.

One of the regulars was missing the evening of the taping. Roger Norris had to leave earlier in the week. Roger has been coming to camp for many years and hopefully many more to come.

Here's Roger (Sledge) from a previous year  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
I want to go!
N/A

Online Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
How can someone look that good after not bathing for a week? Amazing    :p

The guys at Shrew Haven are the best hunting partners in the world. Quick with a joke, ready to help trail or drag, everyone pitching in....it's EXACTLY what deer camp is supposed to be.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline troy butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
that is what it is all about.Liked the poem

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
That was awesome!! Read about the adventures at Shrewhaven for years on Tradgang. It was nice to see the cabin and the guys.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline fishmerf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
Outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
I really liked that show, thanks for sharing Mr. Lyon. Shrewhaven just exemplifies the classic deer camp.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:
How can someone look that good after not bathing for a week? Amazing     :p  

The guys at Shrew Haven are the best hunting partners in the world. Quick with a joke, ready to help trail or drag, everyone pitching in....it's EXACTLY what deer camp is supposed to be.
Yup, this was our annual group photo That Ron posted with Roger in it. Unfortunately, as good as Roger looked,..... well, let's just say nobody wanted to stand next to him in the photo, just upwind, with him not bathing for a week.    :eek:      :laughing:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©