3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: how's the rut going in NC?  (Read 159 times)

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
how's the rut going in NC?
« on: November 22, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
I live a little west of the center of the state, near the VA line. Wondering what kind of rut action you guys are seeing, that live near. I've had a couple buddies drop some big bucks , following does, the last few days.

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: how's the rut going in NC?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
I've been out hunting several days lately and while I've seen does and a buck or two, I haven't seen any chasing at all.  

Most activity seems to be at night.  The weather hasn't been very good either; too warm.  It's 70 outside right now.  Supposed to cool down a bit next week ... maybe it'll help.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
Hunted Monday evening and checked a scrape. Left without seeing anything during that sit. Went back the next evening and the scrape was freshly cleaned out and this was done after the rainfall from that previous night. Looks like he's working it pre-dawn or before noon. Likely a young buck too.

Not seeing anything with hooves though. Buck or doe.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Paul,

West of center near VA.....Stoneville area or Yanceyville??

Asheboro here.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
Wide open. Been finding rubs, lots of rubs for weeks, as well as scrapes. Hunted over three VERY fresh scrapes today, and saw a buck chasing late yesterday evening.
My trailcam has snapped several pics of bucks fighting and one really good pic of a mature buck chasing a doe. Neck very swollen, in the typical posture.
Unfortunately, the rifle season starts tomorrow. I am secluded on our property, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm in the Northwestern region, :30 west of Winston Salem.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 05:50:00 AM »
I'm right next to pilot mtn.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
Was out roaming again today. Wow, I've never seen so many hot scrapes. At one point along our creek bottom, I had to pay close attention not to step in one. They were everywhere. I just can't seem to find the hot doe with the grand master trailing yet.  

Tim
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©