3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chain on tree stands / Gorrilla no more  (Read 375 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Chain on tree stands / Gorrilla no more
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
After consolidating more to one property this year, I decided to get a couple more stands to limit how many spots I have to climb or pack in a stand to preset stick ladders.  I though I would get some more budget chain on stands at after season prices. I also was going to replace cables on three of my 5 baby gorilla stands.  

I just found out that Gorilla is no longer making stands.  My favorite stand has been the baby gorilla chain on stand.  Real good budget stand sufficiency big and comfortable enough for me to hunt a reasonable amount of time.  Dead quiet once set up, and no worries about straps or much worry about them walking away with a lock on them.  I also like to pack in a seat pad so I really have nothing that can be eaten by squirrels on my stand.

So does anyone have a source for baby gorillas still in stock?

Is there another budget chain on stand out there similar?

I may have to get some Guide Gear or Rivers Edge stands and change them to chains, but would much rather just buy a chain on stand.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline jkm97

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chain on tree stands / Gorrilla no more
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
I'm sitting in a gorilla right now, nice stand. Since I can't find them anymore I've been buying the guide gear with the large platform. Awesome stand for the money.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
I have 4-5 of Gorillas, I like the larger version's better.

However, I much prefer Lone Wolf Alpha II but you can buy 3-4 Gorilla's for the price of one of the Lone Wolfs.  

I really like my lock-ons to be a bit adjustable for tree lean. The Lone Wolf and Muddy are good for this.

I wonder what put Gorilla out?  I hope not tree stand lawsuits?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
I have a Lone Wolf assault for those odd trees and packing in stand, but want a budget stand for a lot of spots.  The Guide Gear looks to be to be a strap on gorilla. I hear you can't even get parts for the gorilla stands or I would get some hooks and convert guide gear stands.

I was thinking about a Chippewa wedge lock with multiple hangers as a fast set stand system than the LW, but I see they are out of business also.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
i just brought one for flying arrow in carmel ny i think they have about 10 left in stock

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©