3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Maddog retro recurve  (Read 396 times)

Offline Mryan2176

• Trad Bowhunter
Maddog retro recurve
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Does anyone own one of these? I was looking at the Bear 59, but this looks very similar and has the added bonus of being custom.  If anyone has any experience with these good or bad i'd like to hear them. Please post pictures if you have them. Theres alot of old threads on the longbows, but no the retro. Been drooling over it since i saw it. Thanks Matt.

Offline kunsangsean

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maddog retro recurve
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
I bought one for my Dad's 60th birthday this year and he loves it. It's gotten him back into archery after 20 years of sabbatical from it. Best gift I've ever given. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but my Dad draws 30 inches and it draws smooth for him. I'm not sure the Bear would be as smooth.

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Mike McCredy is a first class guy and a veteran. His work and word is good.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by GRAYBEARD:
Mike McCredy is a first class guy and a veteran. His work and word is good.
+1    :thumbsup:  
I own one of his longbows and it's a fine bow built by a Good Guy.

Offline hedgerowhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Had one... Thought I wanted something different... Sold it... Really wish I had it back   :thumbsup:  

The one I had was Rock Maple, black glass and horn tips, it's a great looking setup.

Offline NEB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
I have one.  It is 58# at 28" walnut riser with maple limbs under clear glass.  I wrapped the grip with beaver tail (I had a hard time keeping my hand from slipping during the draw until I put the grip on it) and put diamondback skins on the limbs.  I love it.  They are not fast flight compatible, which means you will lose a little performance when compared to similar bows with low stretch strings; however, it is very quiet.  Since it is a low mass bow I really prefer to shoot heavy arrows from it to cut down on hand shock.  With heavy hunting arrows it shoots awesome (I have been shooting some Easton 2020's with Zwickey Deltas).  I have an EFA 4-arrow quiver strapped on it and the setup is perfect for my taste.  Mine gets a lot of attention because the lines on those 50's style curves are just plain cool and turn heads.

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
I started using D-10 earlier this year. So they are now fast flight compatible. I use D-10 on everything now even the youth bows.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Mryan2176

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »
Thanks alot guys, can't wait to get one. Have to buy my girlfriend a longbow first, thinking it might also be a maddog. She wants to go hunting with me, i can't wait. She's very excited to get a new bow. Matt

Offline Mryan2176

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
Thanks alot guys, can't wait to get one. Have to buy my girlfriend a longbow first, thinking it might also be a maddog. She wants to go hunting with me, i can't wait. She's very excited to get a new bow. Matt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©