3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steppe Eagle #1...Shooting report added!  (Read 1149 times)

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: Steppe Eagle #1...Shooting report added!
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
Thanks for bumping this.  Ken's beauty deserves a second and third and fourth look.  This is one that I would be happy to take off Ken's hands one day in the future so I can get a sample of Sixby's work  :D
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sixby:
First, Thanks to Ken for such a fine layout and great pics. I was blessed when he emailed me and asked if it would be alright to do this. I have been trying to stay low profile because I want a bit more home time. I want to keep this bowbuilding fun and continue doing it because I love it.
The Steppe Eagles is a concept that I have been working on for the last ten years. It is my fifth model of Static Recurves and is an effort to comb ine a lot of design concepts that I have worked out in my peanut mind with the aid of first God, then Bro. Kirk and finally my experience with these bows. Everytime I build a new model it is a combination of past models plus improvements.
Up to this time I had not had the personal ability to build a belly mount bow that had a heavy reflex, great speed and good stability. The Talon 11 is very close but not quite as quick as I wanted . Definitely what I consider a great bow though.
When I built the prototype to the Steppe Eagle and shot it the first time I said this is it. With one exception. It was verticaly challenged in the stability at brace. Arrgggggggggggggggg. I absolutely loved the bow though , but I already had built one of these verticaly challenged bows in the Origonal Talon and didn't want to go backwards in that department. Soooooooo back to the drawing boards and finally I decided to deflex the limb with a new wedge. It worked.

God blessed with a super quick, belly mount bow with low brace height, good vertical stability, good horizontal stability, quiet and very easy to pull.
What can I say but God is good!!!!

Oh in case you all had not noticed the thumb rest. It is an add on.
God bless you all, Steve
Steve, That my friend is a Steppe in the right direction!  (Pun intended!    :clapper:    :clapper:

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Gentlemen, I thank you all for your prayers. My father in law after a very hard fight went to be with Jesus. He went very peacefully and it was a blessing under the dire circumstances. He was a very strong man even at 99 years of age. He loved God and family and country and served all well.

He was so loved by all that knew him and a blessing to each of us.

I am just now getting back to building a few bows and recuperating some myself. I want you to know how much my family and I have appreciated your prayers. God's blessing to each of you for your kindness and care. Steve

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
So sorry to hear of his passing Steve.  Prayers still for you and your family.

Take care my friend.

And Chuck...LOL...It is one that will not be leaving.  But I'm sure we can work out a test-drive if you'd like.

Now go kill a hog!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Steve, my condolences to you and the family.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©