3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tall Tines Timex  (Read 931 times)

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tall Tines Timex
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
So this morning I climbed into a tree and hung my Tall Tines recurve on a "Y" shaped limb that was a good 1/2" thick and 3" long. I hung it from the right side of the "Y" because hooking it over both halves might be slow should I need it quickly. I should mention I cut this branch especially for a bow hook in this stand probably three years ago. Yes, the branch was dead but I checked it this morning and all seemed fine. So I'm sitting there minding my own business waiting for King Kong to walk by when for absolutely no apparent reason the branch snapped and my bow fell from the tree. I was lucky the broadhead didn't cut the string and even luckier the bow hit a lower branch before it hit the ground to break the fall. Other than feeling like an idiot there was absolutely no damage. Then I realized so far, I have thrown that bow into the faces of two separate hogs that charged me (and one hooked it and threw it back to me before I threw it back in his face a second time); I also fell off that cliff in 2011 and ended up rolling over the bow breaking the attached bow quiver; then in October while lowering the bow from a fifteen foot ladder stand the snap on the haul-line somehow came undone and the bow fell fifteen feet landing on the lower limb tip and bounced five feet; then this morning's incident. I told Brian he needs to call this model a Tall Tines Timex because it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. He said my warranty just expired. Ha. bw

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tall Tines Timex
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
try that with a Compound!!!!!
Joe Ashton DC
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Bowmag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
Sounds like you need to put a safety harness on that bow, Barry.
At least you haven't fallen out of the tree.
Colburn

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »
Bow testing at its finest!
 The bow must be named after a woman. It seems to get you into alot of trouble and dangerous situations!

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:40:00 AM »
Accident waitin to happen!!!!!!! Dropped a Fedora about 20feet one day hit the lower limb and almost bounced back to me    :scared:   no damage. These trad bows are built!   :thumbsup:

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:00 AM »
As my boy would say that bow is getting a little "sketchy"!  You should probably order up a new one now.  Autogragh this one and send my way. HA!

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:03:00 AM »
sounds like you might need to wrap that bow in some camo bubble wrap, come to think of it wrap yourself a couple times while your at it.   :D

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »
hahahaha CLASSIC UNCLE B!! i would say she a workhorse for sure you beat the heck outta her and she never breaksdown...lol thxs for sharing his bows a topnotch for sure
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Online katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »
Mental note, don't lend Wensel a bow
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »
Ya ain't a real bowhunter unless ya dropped a bow out of a tree...    :)    

Back in the day before Ashby reports and such, was experimenting with different cut on contact  broadhead designs of the same weight and carried different varieties in my quiver and personally learned 2 blades out penetrate when I dropped my bow out of a tree and the quivered arrows contacted the ground nock first and shove the broadsheads through the quiver hood...    :)    

Beautiful buck this year Barry, CONGRATS!

Also enjoyed brother's interview over on the other site.

Offline Johnny A.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
I have dropped and pulled my TT though some thick woods and it still looks good as new, one tough bow and still works flawless when I do my part.

Custom Talltines curve 52@29

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 07:48:00 AM »
I've had to use my Tall Tines Longbow as a walking stick when I hunted the mountains and cliffs of Kauai .  It was either that or a 1000' tumble (I was actually torn between the decision, but common sense finally won).  There are quite a few "character" marks on mine, but it still performs flawlessly.  I've owned a few 3 piece bows and see no reason to get another since buying my TT.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
Heck Barry, I can't remember exactly where Brian delivered it to you (maybe Nashville PBS?) but you did your best to break it before it was a couple hours old    :D

As you photo "designated hitter", here you go:

I have total confidence in my TT from Alaska to soon Africa; they won't let me down    :thumbsup:

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Barry,
You sure that wasn't the "Fall Tines" Model that has  that special "Mojo" in it...Just about every Tall Tines I've seen has a Tall Tined Buck laying under it...   :thumbsup:

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Believe that particular model is the 'Diuturnal'.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
My go to bow probably looks like your Tall Tines.  Just put another dab of super glue on the limb to get through this season. At least you have some hero pics with your bow. It seems that I just bang mine up.
The warranty quote was awesome.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline jomama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »
That thing has 9 lives.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Seems as though the common denominator is you Barry…perhaps not the bow. I have that same characteristic, extremely good looking people do not have the genes to be easy on bows. The look on Brians face when I jammed my TT's into the back of the pickup box uncased was priceless.

Looking forward to the next TT's story…thanks!

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Steve-O you're absolutely right. Brian delivered that bow to me at the PBS convention in Nashville 2010. I had it strung up leaning against a wall behind our Brothers Of The Bow booth in case anyone wanted to see it. I was gone somewhere and when I returned I was told "someone" knocked the bow over and the edge of the upper limb hit the corner of a stone pillar causing a little chip at the edge of the limb. The general consensus of opinion on the damage was "it'll probably be all right." But when Brian looked at it he said he didn't trust it and immediately made me a new limb. Customer service at it's finest. Thanks Brian. bw

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I dropped mine approximately 23ft. out of a tree the first week of November while reaching for it. After I cleaned my drawers I scurried down and no worse for wear.  Whew!  Heck, I think it straightened out the sights!  Seems to shoot better now.    :cool:   It did however scare the squirrel I was going to shoot.    :rolleyes:
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©