3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buying Supplies without Pay Pal, not a Good Idea  (Read 538 times)

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
Buying Supplies without Pay Pal, not a Good Idea
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
I thought that I would share a bad experience with the Gang, that may save somebody a headache. Last week I made a purchase, no names but I bet you have used them. I used my bank card as a credit card online, big, large, huge mistake!!!

I actually almost passed on the purchase due to the fact that CC was the only way to pay. Oh, yes I need to add that this was the only purchase that I have made on this bank card in a several months (1st ever online).

Today my wife calls and said some one is using our card like wild. Thank heavens that our bank keeps a close eye on our accounts.

I have never had a problem with Pay Pal, and truly don't expect to. If buying online, I highly recommend purchasing with Pay Pal or passing.

I truly hope hopes this helps some one out. Be careful, there's always somebody trying to steal your hard earned money.

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buying Supplies without Pay Pal, not a Good Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
I sure do agree. I had a very bad experience with a seller one time when using paypal as the method of payment. The seller never shipped and disappeared. Paypal hunted him down like a wounded 12 point and I had my money back in no time. That experience sure sold me.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
I have a Navy Federal Credit Union account and if someone hacks it  am covered.  I use pay pal but the re like the gustopo when there is a problem.  They are judge and jury.  I like using my CC when given the chance.
T ZZZZ

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
Sorry to hear you got hit Ben! It just happens sometimes. There is always someone out there trying to take our hard earned money!

Bisch

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
I think you should say where this happened. If someone's website is compromised, it needs to be made public.

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
Agree with Looper.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
I'm betting the company that sold you the product has nothing to do with the fraud, other than their security was weak.

I only do PayPal on my site, or checks and MO's. With PayPal, when you buy something from me, I never even see your credit card number.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline DaDVM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
The thing is, it may be your personal computer or the sellers site

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I NEVER use a bank/debit card online...ever, but I use my credit credit 99% of the time...never had  problem. The other 1% is paypal, not a real fan of them, mostly because they have been overly buyer protective. I say that because my wife sells a TON of stuff via paypal and has numerous times had buyers falsely whine to paypal about an item. Paypal will take the money back and freeze your acount in a heartbeat before asking any questions.

Eric

Offline shirikahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
I'd really like to know what company it was through.  I am just now back into archery, and have only made one purchase...using a money order, via snail mail, to Big Jim's.  Excellent service, prompt feedback, and all around pleasant experience.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »
I have used several (numerous) of the vendors / sponsors on this site over the years.  In fact, if possible I ONLY use them for all my archery and outdoor related goods and services. As I get old, I have decided that China can go away, I need to support my own.   I am very happy with my results.  They are not always correct, or perfect, but they have always been dealt with quickly and professionally.

Sorry you had issues, but as a case in point, years ago I had similar issues after using Pay Pal.  Sure, they took care of it quickly and very well, but it happened. . .

ChuckC

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
I never put ANY   :archer2:  
I only buy with USPS money orders with private parties. so far so good!
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
me i never buy anything on line. i like to see the goods first hand or if pos trade dang plastic cards aint worth a crap sorry ya got hit Buddy
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline deltakid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
We just had a big compromise in CC/Debit card accounts here in Spokane, through the company that handles the accounts for the grocery stores.  One person had a charge on his account of $18.00 in New Delhi India at the KFC.  Our credit union notified us that our cards were to be cancelled as of 12/4 and they sent us new cards and PIN numbers before I could even ask.  Another great reason to use a credit union rather than a full fledged bank.

Offline SAVIOUR68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Ben its crazy you posted this cause I received a call today about so IFFY looking charges on my acct that went to western union and several gas stations here in san antionio, none of them were mine. I had only used paypal on line yesterday for a  purchase from a TG sponor and then all the bogus charges started. Moral of the story is DONT TRUST ANYONE !!!!!!
I really dont think the TG member had any thing to do with it as much as the web hackers.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
I had the same call from my bank yesterday.  Ps me off to no end.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 03:31:00 AM »
When I buy on line I always use Paypal, with no ill effects till now. Very rarely I have to use my CC. In that case I give my number by phone, because I don't dare to use
Internet to transport my CC number. Never had any troubles with that either.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 04:13:00 AM »
I got a pre-paid CC to use for internet purchases. Just put the amount for the purchase on the card, and no one can steal more from it.

Ben, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this! Hope everything works out, and I hope they catch the slimey b@$tards that stole from ya!

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
We love Paypal that is why we only have it for online orders on our webiste
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
The card is a bank card (credit union), debit/CC, so I'm not out any money. I have to wait to get a new card is the only problem here, not a big problem.

I hope the few sponsors that don't offer PP here will start using it for our sake. It was my very first order from this place because I didn't want to use CC online, I got weak.

In no way do I think that the company had anything to do with the fraud. Hackers/ thieves/ scum buckets are everywhere.

Tony, I like the idea of a prepaid card for the few companies that don't offer PP. Thanks for the headsup   :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©