3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Day one owners?  (Read 286 times)

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Day one owners?
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Looking at bibs. Wool of fleece? Wind stop or insulated?  Thanks.  Bill

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Day one owners?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »
Depends on what you need,all are good quality in their own category. If you are still hunting bibs are too much. Out of a tree stand in late season wear what has the best insulation power.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline GoBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Have fleece bibs with windstop and insulation.  For tree stand they're great.  Wouldn't want to walk too far in them.  Very warm.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
Wool
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
Go with the uninsulated wool, unless you're going to Saskatchewan for all day sits.

I have the uninsulated Day One ASAT wool bibs and they are more than enough for Michigan and we typically sit in Michigan vs moving around much. While you can wander on large public tracts in the UP and NLP, most hunters in Michigan walk less than a mile and then sit, due to fencelines and posted signs.

With that said, the uninsulated wool that Gary from Day One has on the ASAT wool is heavy. I can't imagine needing the insulated ones, unless going out in zero type stuff. As long as you buy a size up, you can put a ton of layers under the bibs. But, when it's around 45-50, you can still wear them if you go really light on layering.

One non-conventional suggestion for layering is the Simms fleece bibs. I used to own a fly shop and these are used when wading in rivers for Winter Steelhead. These are the bomb for cold weather layering. They are too much if much above freezing. Most hunters overlook these great layering bibs. They are dead quite...
  http://www.simmsfishing.com/guide-fleece-bib.html  

I believe my old store still carries them too...
  http://www.fishbaldwin.com/index.cfm

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
I have had both. Kept the fleece. Wool was too warm for PA hunting. Awesome quality and design!!
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©