3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Reflections on hunting the hard way  (Read 606 times)

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reflections on hunting the hard way
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Having self-imposed boundaries re the gear you choose (and the gadgets you avoid) helps level the field for the game you hunt.  That says alot about your respect for THEIR right to survive, even if it means that YOU don't get to brag at day's end.  The fact that you ENJOY that challenge...despite temptations offered by 'improvements' and easy shortcuts, is EXACTLY what the traditional mindset is all about.  

There's something to respect and admire in those that hunt the hard way BECAUSE it's harder.  It's a rare trait in hunters these days.  I hope you enjoy your journey.

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:
I'll echo Wingnut's sentiments with this addition.
The bow and arrow is transformative. They speak not so much to what is but more to what might be.
No one who picks up a bow goes away unaffected... as you well know.
VERYWELL SAID MY FRIEND!!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Seems like you've got it all figured out. Nothing left to do but sit back and enjoy the life of a traditional bowhunter. Frustrating at times but oddly simultaneously satisfying . I haven't exactly figured that out yet but it seems to be the case with me. Enjoy your journey and eventually you'll be dragging home the tastiest venison you've ever known.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Traditional archery is just as much about the journey as it is about the harvest itself.  I happen to love having venison to eat and share so I enjoy the journey and the harvest quite equally.   You are doing all the right things and eventually everything will align to allow you your first harvest.  Bow hunting (of any kind) is a different type of hunting than many will ever experience.  We get to see our game up close and usually not disturbed.  It's a cool thing when you get to experience all of that.
>>>--------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©