3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any interest in a central PA late-season pheasant hunt? UPDATE PAGE 6 - cancelled  (Read 2207 times)

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm kind of stuck on the broadhead issue.  I can leash up the dogs after pointing, provided no one takes a shot at a wild flush (by the end of the day, we may have a lot of birds in the field). Late season, these birds also run like crazy.  I'm more concerned about arrows that are unable to be recovered - there is pretty heavy cover, and potentially even snow in March.  I'm not the only one who uses the club, and I don't want to risk someone else's dogs getting injured.  People train dogs and use the club all year round with their dogs.

As for payments, I just need a little more time to nail down the exact costs of birds.  As soon as I get that, I'll PM everyone my address and people can mail me a check.  I plan on holding them until mid-February, just in case people need to cancel I can mail the checks back.  Come 2nd week of February, I'll deposit the checks and pay the supplier.  At that point, we won't be able to do any refunds.  

Big Ed bought up a good reminder - all hunters will need a PA archery license.  Just a consideration for out of state hunters.  Also, the state requires hunter orange (250 sq inches - hat and vest) when hunting pheasants, even though we are bow hunting.

Keep the questions and comments coming!
>>>----TGMM Family of the Bow----->

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
John - I don't think non-residient hunters need a PA "archery" license.  Archery licenses are required for deer, but longbows and recurves are legal arms for small game under a general hunting license.  Am I correct on this?

Can't wait. This is gonna be fun!
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Know what?  I think you're right!  I've been buying both so long I just assumed that it was needed.  That's good news for out of state hunters, who can just get the non-resident small game license 7-day license.  That helps take the sting out!

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like broadheads wouldn't be a good idea in this situation. Maybe something like Hammer Heads or Barta Blunts with a less drastic fletch like Big Ed suggested.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
non resident small game 7 day think it can be brought online 31.70

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ok gang!  I just sent everyone a private message with the cost, how to pay, my contact info, etc.  If you expressed interest and did not receive the info, please send me a PM or email and I'll get it right over to you!  If there are any questions, just let me know or post them here.  Seeing as I can only figure out how to PM each person individually, if there are updates, etc, I am just going to post them to this topic.  Thanks again for your interest everyone!

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
I am in! Check is in the mail.
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
IS THERE ROOM LEFT.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Earl, I just emailed you the info.  Let me know if you are interested.

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
John I sent out a check today. Thanks for putting all this together.

I have had great luck with Adder small game points in the past and wonder what your thoughts would be on their use in this situation? If you don't know what they look like do a search on goggle and they will pop up. this is a brief description so we are talking about the same thing. It would be comparatively inexpensive to have a dozen of these in a quiver for the hunt since they utilize field points we all more than likely have.

{ Small Game Adder Point —
Add extra devastation to your next arrow with a Small Game Adder Point. Ideal for small game, the eight steel claws slow down penetration and deliver serious shocking power. Fits behind field point.}
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I looked at the pictures.  I think the adder head will be ok. It will still hurt it a dog steps on it, but it looks less likely to slice a pad (or worse).  I just think we'll need to make a very dedicated effort to find our arrows (but everone was already going to do that anyway!)!

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Homer and Sockrsblur, you're checks arrived today.  Remember I am going to hold them until February.  Thanks!

Offline stumpsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
I mailed mine yesterday.
Semper Fidelis

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
Thanks John       :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
A OK    :thumbsup:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
I haven't followed this…I'm assuming the hunt is full? Sounds like fun!
Tedd

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hi Tedd, we still have room.  Let me know if you are interested.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
stumpsniper and Mamba, your checks have arrived - thanks!

For those keeping track, we are at 11 registered participants and 22 birds so far!  This is really shaping up to be a great time!  Now, if the weather would warm up and cooperate for a little aerial target practice...

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
NitranyRider, your check arrived today.  That makes 12 participants, and 24 birds.  Remember, if anyone has a hunting dog they want to run, just let me know.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
It sounds fun!
The dates make it had for me to commit this year. If my daughter's ball team goes into states I'll be at that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©