3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any interest in a central PA late-season pheasant hunt? UPDATE PAGE 6 - cancelled  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Payment Sent to you Via PayPal!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline stumpsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
This sounds like it's gonna be a blast!
Semper Fidelis

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Big Ed is also in!  13 people for 26 birds!  This is going to be great!  What an awesome response!!!
>>>----TGMM Family of the Bow----->

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
TTT
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for bumping it up.  I was out pheasant hunting last week and had a blast!

Offline Steve Crowl

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking forward to this one!   :archer:
Steve Crowl

"Proud Father of several Marines"

Offline Al_D

• Trad Bowhunter
If this goes well, I hope you plan to do it again next year as by then I should be ready and able to attend.  Good luck to everyone and I hope you all have a great time.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
If it goes well and there is continued interest, I would love for it to become an annual event!  By the time March rolls around, I usually have cabin fever pretty good.  Al, if you are in the area, or don't mind taking a trip, drive up and hang out.  We're going to set up some targets for practice and to try out different bows if anyone is interested.  There will be a warm fire, food and good company!

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I received some excellent news tonight - a good friend will be joining us, and bringing his son and his top notch Brittany to assist with the dog work.  You guys are going to get to see some awesome dog work on this hunt!  

Welcome, Mark, and thanks!

Offline markbrit

• Trad Bowhunter
You left out good looking  :)

We are excited to come and thanks for the pressure. I will give Sam the Brittany a pep talk before we come!

Looking forward to meeting everyone as I am a traditional newbie.

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I can't wait to see the dogs work. I grew up around hounds and hunting dogs of different types and I love to see them work thanks John & Mark!
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Is there anyway you can give us an address for my gps? And what exit are you off of I-80? Can't wait to meet all of you and looking forward to a great day!
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Homer, I'll send you a PM with the address.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Getting close everyone's getting excited thinking about building a thrower so we can practice
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gang, we're about 4 weeks away!  I'm really getting excited.  Our terrible weather has really thrown a wrench into practice plans, but I'm hopeful weather will improve as we get closer.

I need to firm up our bird order by next weekend, so if anyone needs to cancel due to a change of plans, let me know between now and Friday the 14th.  I'll be depositing our all monies on Saturday, and after that, cutting the check for the birds, so I can't due refunds after that.

If you know anyone else that wants in, let me know before Friday.

Stay warm, everyone!

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the update John :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm really looking forward to this.  I'm finishing up a new Hill style longbow which will make it's debut on this hunt.    :thumbsup:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Been following this one for a while and Cade and I would have loved to come and join you guys....but....I have a prior obligation on that date that I just can't get around...dang it!!

I've done this twice before, and taken birds out the air both hunts...hard to imagine more fun!!!!!

Good luck to all, take a lot of pix and video would be priceless!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm going to do my best to get a lot of pics and video.  Then, I'll have a reason to learn how to get the video from the camera to the computer! :-)

jsweka, I can't wait to see your longbow.  That's a cool way to break it in!

I hoping this is a success and we can make it an annual event.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gang, I've gotten a few questions and concerns over the snow.  Specifically, the amount of snow on the ground and loss of cover with the ice and snow.  Reports from other members at the camp is that there is about 8-10" of ice and snow on the ground and road in to camp.  They are supposed to get more this week, and who knows what the rest of the month is going to bring.

Planting birds with a lot of snow and loss of cover is tough.  There are also worries about how difficult walking is going to be, and the potential for dogs getting hurt on the ice.

This is tough, as I'm not sure how to proceed.  I know it's impossible to predict what 3/1 will be like, but I also get people are going to travel and some are going to incur expenses (including our bird order) for something that may range from uncomfortable to downright dangerous.

I'm open for suggestions.  If I cancel, I can't get the club again this season.  Issuing refunds back to everyone is no problem, up until I lock in the bird order around middle of the month.  My suggestion is to see what this week and weekend brings us, and make a call this Monday.  How does that sound?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©