3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any interest in a central PA late-season pheasant hunt? UPDATE PAGE 6 - cancelled  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds fine to me John.  The call is yours.  I am fine with paying for the birds and if we have to cancel at the last minute well then the pheasant farm gets a bonus this year.  But I am fine either way.
peter Osimanti

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I would hate to see that happen.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things warm up soon!
>>>----TGMM Family of the Bow----->

Offline stumpsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
This has been an unusual winter for sure.  I think it's going to be a tough call to make, but I understand the concern for the dogs and everyone travelling. I'm fine with Mambas idea.  Order the birds and if we have to cancel at the last minute, than I guess some pheasants get a "governors pardon" of sorts.
Semper Fidelis

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
John for me the call is your to make. There is really no wrong answer, you can't control the weather. For me the money I sent for the birds is not enough to be a deciding factor in any direction. This is a great hunt you set up and I'm grateful no matter the outcome. Jim
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
John whatever decision you make is fine I'm not worried about the money weather has been crazy here in Connecticut as well my family lives near oil city PA and I realize how bad it has been for you over that way thanks for all your work on getting this set up maybe we can put this together another time if it doesn't work out thanks again
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Sarah

• Trad Bowhunter
It's totally your call, John.

I have a regular pheasant hunt coming up on the 22nd and we're wondering the same thing about the snow. Last year we went with snow on the ground, it was a lot of trudging, but nothing like what's on the ground here right now.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
John - Yeah, this winter just plain sucks!  I guess I didn't think about the snow/ice being a problem, but it could be.  I only live on ridge over from the club and it sucks just to walk in my yard.

I can keep you up to date on what we get from this next upcoming blast and we can look at the long range forecast and make a call.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
That would be great, John, thanks!  I heard that area is looking at 8" possible in this storm, and that could be the straw that breaks the pheasants back.  My dog handlers are already concerned!

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well, it snowed all day here and we did get about 8" today.  I've got about 12 - 14" total in my yard. The extended forcast is calling for 40s Tues - Saturday of next week which should melt off a lot of it.  Who knows what might happen the week after that.       :dunno:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ok gang, I decided to throw in the towel.  The weather conditions have broken the pheasant's back, so to speak!  After considering all the options, and speaking with the bird supplier, dog handler(s) and friends in the area, its just not shaping up to be a fun time (and potentially not a safe time, either).  I appreciate everyone being flexible, but I just didn't feel right about people having to spend money for licenses, travel, birds, etc and there being no cover, not enough parking area due to the snow fall, and likely difficulty with filling the bird order due to a really high mortality rate this year.

For anyone who has paid through PayPal, I already sent the funds back to you through PayPal, using the email account I received the payment from.  For those who paid by check, I will mail your check back to you as soon as I can dig out of my street and get to the post office - tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Let's try this again in the fall when the weather is better and see if we can pull this off!

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
John you can just rip my check up buddy! Thanks for all the effort and planning you went through. I do hope we are able to try again, Would love to see big bright fletched arrows fly through the air at birds! Ha
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline stumpsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
You can just rip my check up as well, no need to waste money on a stamp to send it back.  I hope we can make this work at some point.  Thanks for trying to make it work.  

Brian
Semper Fidelis

Offline Sarah

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks John! Glad I hadn't ordered the arrow stuff yet.  :)

Better luck next time!!

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bummer.  But we can't control the weather.
I went out to shoot some after work this evening.  It's been a long time since I've trudged through snow this deep in our area.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the update john, you can rip mine and matts check we don't need them back.
Pete
peter Osimanti

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the effort, John!  Bummer it didn't work out, but let's definitely try to reschedule in the fall.  Please go ahead and rip up my check, too.

Cheers!

David

Offline markbrit

• Trad Bowhunter
This does stink but sometime you just gotta roll with the weather. Good call John.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©