3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which PREDATOR pattern??  (Read 591 times)

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Which PREDATOR pattern??
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
I am sure it doesnt really matter but do you guys like Fall Gray or the Deception brown. May be paring it with some ASAT. Both for treestand and ground hunting? Thanks.   BILL

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which PREDATOR pattern??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
I would only use fall grey from the ground in the snow.
Just too much white and light colors in it for non snowy ground hunting.

Personally on my particular brown fleece jacket I felt it had too much white on the left arm and side ( just bad luck when they cut the material for that coat) I darkened up some of the white myself.
You can see where I darkened it up in this pic...

I'd go with..and have..the brown

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
My favorite is the fall grey. I mostly stand hunt but it works excellent on the ground also with light and dark splotches. I'm not a fan of any of the deception. I like the original pattern best
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
I like the original brown much better too.
I really wish they still made it.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
I too don't like the new colors. We have all of the old ones. It depends upon the enviromment and time of year that we wear which pattern:

Green leaves/evergreens - Spring Green
Early fall in trees/ground - Fall Brown
After leaf fall in trees - Fall Grey

You can get Fall Brown at Gray Wolf Woolens and sometimes at Day One and used in Trad Gang Classifieds.
Good luck,
Kyle

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
I have fall grey wolfskin pants from Grey Wolf Woolens and also fall grey wool jacket from grey Wolf Woolens.
Also have ASAT cotton shirt from ASAT website.

The wolfskin pants are inbetween the ASAT and Wool fall grey as far as the brown tone of them.

I don't like the deception patterns either.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
My favorite and our best seller is the Brown Deception. It is the most universal and can be used in the most situations in a treestand or on the ground
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
I mostly hunt the pines in Jersey and their spring green works best , the deer seem to look right through me . even in the late season it lets you disapear .
Greyfox54

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
I really like either. Not a lot of difference in them. But while I used to think camo did not matter much I have learned that the predator stuff is best used while in a treestand. On the ground the white really stands out to deer. In the tree you can get away with murder as you blend into the sky.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bow man:
My favorite and our best seller is the Brown Deception. It is the most universal and can be used in the most situations in a treestand or on the ground
David can you post some pics of each pattern?  I looked at the predator website and they don't have pics that help me see the differences in the patterns.  Thanks.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
Fall Gray is TOO LIGHT for ground hunting IMO...TOO much white....good in snow maybe.  That color was designed by the owner for tree stand hunting.

Fall brown or Spring Green are better over all.

I feel nothing beats spring green...basically to the deer its fall brown to them.

Here\\'s a Few Pics
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
I really like Predator, I just wish some of the higher end makers would pick it up.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
I wish they would return to the best they had- Predator BROWN (not brown deception).
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by KSdan:
I wish they would return to the best they had- Predator BROWN (not brown deception).
x2

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
I do like the fall gray.  I have put Lots of back straps in my freezer while wearing it from trees and on the ground.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Fall Brown just plain rocks!
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Predator camo....are you listening?...   :pray:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by joe ashton:
I do like the fall gray.  I have put Lots of back straps in my freezer while wearing it from trees and on the ground.
Joe...I hear ya...the main thing I have found is on the ground, and I do a lot of ground hunting...AND, the white really glows bright early and late....the 1st 30 and the last 30 minutes of the day ....just been busted too much to wear it during those crunch times least around my parts, just can't wear it anymore....dyed mine to fall brown.

But again, Spring Green is really Fall brown to animals that see in black n white.

I think Predator is the best pattern ever invented.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
The spring green is good.
So is the green deception.

Neither of those colors have the white in them.

I went with the brown as it does have more contrast and I thought it would break up my outline better then the green deception.

My particular jacket had way too much white in it for my tastes.

If I had to do it again I'd do the spring green or green deception for ground hunting.

I think the spring green would blend in to the tones of the woods better once the leaves drop. And the green deception would blend better when the leaves and ferns are up.
...I'm talking when looked at in black and white here..

I would think the spring green would be better in the tree stand than the green deception.

Ah heck..just get a sweater like in Terry's avatar and be done with it..lol

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
I'd say just get the rest in asat... Love that stuff! Get the firstlite wool its awesome!
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©