3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2015 Trad Gang Bear Camps- Russell Outdoor Guides  (Read 487 times)

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
2015 Trad Gang Bear Camps- Russell Outdoor Guides
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Yes, the 2015 date is right. It may sound early but now is the time to start thinking about a spot in a bear camp. All of our 2014 slots in Bear camp one (the one personally guided by me) are full but I wanted to get this out there far in advance so that I can book the entire 2015 season with nothing but Trad Gang hunters. Due to limited 2014 slots, I had to turn away tradgangers from this year’s hunt that wanted to be in my personal camp and I did not like that at all.  Our 2014 camp was booked a full year in advance so if you have a bear hunt dream and you want to do it with your Trad Gang family, this is the place.  Visit our webpage for full details but in a nut shell, we are the only outfitter inside our reserve of nearly one million acres. The age structure on these bears is incredible. The territory is some of the most beautiful in Canada and our guides are 100% traditional archers themselves. This is not an “if” hunt. This is a “can you hold out for the monster” hunt.  Regardless of your level of experience, I will get you close to a good bear. This is a WILD place and you will also have a chance to see moose, wolves and some of the most beautiful country in North America.
We book only two groups per season and work like dogs to make every bear hunt a special experience. I can promise that you will never hunt with guides that will work harder to get you a bear.
Our full six day hunts allow you to really relax and enjoy Canada and look over a good number of bears. No matter if this is your first bear hunt or if you are a big bear hunting addict like me, you are looking at the right place to go.  
Cost is $2,950.00
Our hunt pricing is all-inclusive of EVERYTHING hunting related including license, stands, multiple active baits, on-site transport, great food, lodging…everything. We require a small down payment to hold a spot and we can take payments on the hunt for those that want to pay a little at a time.  We will have two hunts for Tradgang folks and these hunts will book out months in advance.
For those still looking for a 2014 hunt, we do have a spot or two open in camp two which is about ten miles away but still inside of the same reserve and with GREAT bear guides.
If you have question or just want to talk bear hunting, give me a call. All of my contact information is listed on our webpage.

Good hunting,
Jerry

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2015 Trad Gang Bear Camps- Russell Outdoor Guides
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
I am one of the lucky fellas that will be in bear camp with Jerry this time! I am looking forward to the hunt very much. I have had the good fortune of killing a giant bear in Manitoba a few years back with my good friend Stickflinger whose camp is booked for many years now. After talking with Jerry and seeing his operation through pics and conversation, as well as the excitement he has for Tradgang and traditional archery in general, I booked a hunt for 3 guys.

I think bear camp is a special place. I have met some great folks in the camps I have been a part of. I expect this camp to be the same! The hunting, bait running, campfires and the anticipation of all the hunters returning to camp in the evening makes hunts like this! This should be a good one    :campfire:
Mike Davenport

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Mike you really hit the nail on the head when you said bear camp is a special place. While you get to hunt a great deal, you also get to spend some great times with folks and I have seen many friendships formed there that last a lifetime. As I start the run every night to pick up hunters, MY heart gets to beating fast because I know there will be countless exciting stories to be listened to around the dinner table that night.

I have been blessed with the chance to hunt and guide in just about every place in North America for a bunch of different species. If I could only do one thing in the outdoors for the rest of my life, I would be a bear guide.

Offline BAPilot2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 02:34:00 AM »
Would this be a Spring or Fall hunt?  And what are the specific dates?

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
It is a spring hunt. The dates are not set but it will be in the 2nd-3rd weeks of June. We do not take hunters in the early season because of the chance of snow wiping out their hunt and we want our guys in stands during pre-rut and rut.

Guys, I am responding to the PM request for information in the order received. Please include your email address in the PM that you send. Remember, my phone number and email address is on my website. I would list it here but I get killed with junk mail when I do.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
I can't wait. It has been awhile since I have been bear hunting, this is going to be so much fun and with Tradganger's to boot.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
Caley E.

I responded to your email but it keeps bouncing back to me for some reason. The 2015 dates you desire are still open. Give me a call.

Jerry

Offline Ibow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jerry Russell:
I have been blessed with the chance to hunt and guide in just about every place in North America for a bunch of different species. If I could only do one thing in the outdoors for the rest of my life, I would be a bear guide.
Ditto. Same here. Nothing like bear hunting.   :)  

Best wishes Jerry for a successful spring this coming year & in 2015. I always enjoy your posts & picts.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
This is exactly the hunt I want to go on. Big Bears and Trad Gang.    :campfire:  

I sent Jerry a E-mail and got on the list already!!! Don't mess around I bet this hunt fills up fast.

bretto

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Hey Jerry, it was great talking to you today.  Thanks for getting me on the list.  Payment will be sent ASAP.  Getting psyched already.

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »
This is definitely something I would love to do. Unfortunately, without a significant pay raise soon, I just couldn't do it. But, just in case of a miracle, what is a reasonable expectaion for a tip for the guide? I don't like to be a cheapskate & would want to do right by a guide that does right by me (as I'm certain you & all you employ would). Would I be in the right ballpark to expect TOTAL cost (including shipping of meat, taxidermy, airfare, tip, etc.) to be between $5K-$6K? I'm just curious because I would REALLY like to make this happen some day.

Offline Lone Ranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »
Email sent~
Profanity Makes Ignorance Audible

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
Hey guys,
I am in a tree with very little cell battery left. I will get back to everyone tonight. Let me stick this big nontypical I have been after first, lol.

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Thanks to all that have requested information on these hunts. I think I have returned all the PMs and emails. If I missed you, please let me know. It is looking like this is going to be a great time.

The main reoccurring question on these hunts is the dates. The hunts will be six days and will fall somewhere in the June 8-22ish range. Please remember to include your email if you choose to use a PM for information. If you would rather call with questions, please do so. My phone number is all over my website and I love talking bear.

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to this, bigtime.

Jerry

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
This should be an awesome hunt.

Offline Squirrelman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
I went on the 2013 bear hunting trip, and I've been enjoying the memories and looking forward to the next hunt ever since. I'm signed up for 2014, but please reserve me a spot for 2015 as well. The food was awesome, the wilderness was pristine, and I was shocked by how many bears we saw every day. Above all, I enjoyed the experience of camping and hunting with fellow tradbow hunters from different parts of the country, including Jerry whose hard work and dedication made it all run smoothly.  See you all at Bear Camp!!

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Back to the front page.

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Looks like the second week is full for 2015. Still a few spots for week one.

I am really looking forward to this group.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
Sent my deposit.  Can't wait to hunt with you, Jerry.

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
Sent my deposit.  Can't wait to hunt with you, Jerry.
Man we are going to have us one serious adventure.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©