3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: EDDYVILLE IL  (Read 220 times)

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
EDDYVILLE IL
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Leaving for Eddyville Il this sat am to start a week long hunt starting mon morn. Hope there is some deer movement after the red army has marched through. Have a good friend that lives in the area and says he has been seeing good deer numbers. Around here where I live,[Charleston Il area], the deer have really been hit hard by this disease and are "very", few and far between. Any other tradgangers in the Eddyville area that could give a deer report,appreciate it. My Silvertip is beginning to lose confidence in my abilitys. Been that long since we have seen deer! Have not taken the first shot yet this year. Not to say that I haven't been having a good time though, it is great to be out there. Just sayin! Thanks,Gary.   :thumbsup:

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: EDDYVILLE IL
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Good luck, Gary!  Take your heavy coat.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
Ha,yea I'm gonna be packing my goose down that's for sure!I have a set of Cabellas MTO50 coveralls. They were expensive but well worth it, very warm and non bulky. Looking forward to hunting that area, was there for spring turkey season and fell in love with the place.   :thumbsup:

Offline Meathook 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
Yes Good Luck and stay warm.

Meathook

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
Good Luck Gary!  Have a safe and enjoyable week!  Hope you get a crack at a big 'ole Illinois bruiser!

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:00 AM »
Yea thanks Quickblood, I need to get some blood on those new limbs you sent me. Looks like the weather is pretty bad with freezing rain predicted for the weekend. May have to wait until mon to leave, don't like the idea of putting up treestands in ice covered trees. Did that before when I was young and dumb and fell a couple times not real smart on my part. Think I might have hit my head, that would explain a lot,lol!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©