3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jd berry  (Read 760 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jd berry
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »
Only in my dreams Pavan....lol
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
In Lenny Berstien's opera Candide there are two lines that always pop into my head. One is "what are dreams, but fancies". the other is "I must admit, I am very fond of the potato."  Been on the LW lately? What a bunch of dramatic opera queens, or what? One can not speak of such things as delicately crafted JD Berry Morningstar longbows in reasonable draw weights. I think a heavy bow buffoon that used to be on here has roosted over there. He threatened to shoot me, with his mighty 120 pound bow. I have been shot at before, before by the same keyboard warrior, it doesn't hurt all that much, they always miss. But now that Amazon Queen of yours would scare me a bit, especially the one in your dreams.  That's right I am a sissy, I am terrified of crazy ladies. Just like I was scared when I told my wife I sold my Legend to Jacques. But I really wanted a lefty Morningstar and thanks to a reckless trucker and his rocks, I needed to balance out the funds.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:00 AM »
I have a Vixen on order. The more I look at those reverse handle models the more they grow on me so I may order one of those after I get some shooting time with the Vixen.. James has been great to work with.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 04:36:00 AM »
I originally wanted the morning star but I ended up with the Vixen which I think is the best hill style I ever owned.  I'm back to wanting that morning star again,,  I think an order right after the new year is going to take place.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
How about some pics. Of the North Star  or Morningstar  so I can look at them   Any with tiger maple veneers  its going to be a painfull  wait
Dan Breen

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
I'm thinking after the holidays about pulling the trigger on a Vixen. The reverse handle bow is intriguing....just not sure I can get over the "strung backwards" look
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Gentleman,

I just received my North Star from James yesterday.  WOW!  

I haven't shot it yet as our temperatures in Colorado are hovering at single digits during the day, but pictures and a review to follow.

Moots

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
The reason that I am going back to the reverse, the first longbow I bought was a reverse Schulz built Hill Tembo about 85 at my draw way back when, is that I bought a Kramer built Hill Razorback for a kid. It was in like new condition and it shot absolutely amazing. I had a hard time giving it to him. Now I would bet my favorite canoe paddle that James is going to out do that bow with my future Morning Star.

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Hey. Moots. James told me to watch for your post. As he just shipped  your bow out. Good luck with it.
Dan Breen

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
Congrats Moots, James told me that he had finished your bow and was starting on my Vixen. Really need to see some pics of your bow. It was 4deg here this morning but if it gets up to 12 I'll get in a few shots with my morning Star.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jim Picarelli:
I'm thinking after the holidays about pulling the trigger on a Vixen. The reverse handle bow is intriguing....just not sure I can get over the "strung backwards" look
Two suggestions:

1) Look at the old pictures of Mr Hill shooting reverse handled bows.

2) Reserve judgement until you shoot yours.

I'd be willing to bet you'll overcome your aversion... I did!!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
Jim,
Mudd was one of the biggest anti-reverse handle guys I've "met" when I first posted my Morningstar now look at him, he reads his bedtime story's and tucks the Northstar in at night so it stays warm. Once you shoot one of James's Star models, you might be surprised how you feel afterwards .  

Sorry Mudd I had to do it
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
They look a lot better from the shooters angle. Really cool actually.     :thumbsup:
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
im glad i made the list now after today it will be a long one.i promised myself after the vixen no more.that northstar is looking good . lol
Arrow_Flynn

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
im glad i made the list now after today it will be a long one.i promised myself after the vixen no more.that northstar is looking good . lol
Arrow_Flynn

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Looking forward to your review and pics moots, congrats. James also told me to watch for the thread with your new bow. I just got on the list for a Morning star this am. I was leaning towards the North star but after a lengthy conversation with James, don't think you could get by with a short talk to him and loved every minute of it, we decided the North star would be best. Great fellow to talk with and was extremely helpful to this hill bow newbie. As we talked timbers and such he developed a picture in his mind of the bow and relayed it to me so I think the second hardest part is done now for the hard part, the wait.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline jwhitetail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Dan you will love your bow... I am sure.
Moots glad you have your bow and I am looking forward to seeing the pics.
Mike, I bet you are chomping at the bit to get your Vixen... hopefully you will have it in hand by the time things warm up there in the Valley.  Supposed to be - 3 here tomorrow night.  I am kind of glad I am not trying to get out and hunt in this weather...

Glad to hear all that Berry Magic is happening!
3 JD Berry Duo-Flex long bows
A pile of JD Berry ASL bows
2 JD Berry "OE" Long Bows

A Coyote ran accross the road, on the move without a home...
T. Petty

Offline jwhitetail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot... You better get a bigger wood stove in that shop, James!  That little pip-squeak stove of yours is not going to keep that shop a degree over 15 - BRRRRR - LOL!
3 JD Berry Duo-Flex long bows
A pile of JD Berry ASL bows
2 JD Berry "OE" Long Bows

A Coyote ran accross the road, on the move without a home...
T. Petty

Online JDBerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
Whitetail, 3 above, Think I will go down to Spokane and warm up!!...James

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
I shot a few with my pig nut flatlimb today. It was 3 below and windy. Man, when that wind blew up my skirt I almost froze off my fancy parts.
I don't really have a skirt, but I could just as well. When I was a kid in the 60s we used hunt fox using my motorcycle in the winter. My 52 Ford pickup always got stuck, those knobby motorcycle tires could get through anything.  Somedays I act like a kid and feel like a sissy, today was one of those.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©