3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Buffalo or A&H ACS  (Read 882 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Buffalo or A&H ACS
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by TaterHill Archer:
Guys thaanks for the info.  I love a beautiful bow, but have reached the point of wanting a smooth bow, more than a beauty.

I may have a chance to buy a used 2-piece A&H, but it's a 64" bow.  I'm really wanting one in 60".  I know a 64" bow would be sweet though.  It's grey diamond wood, so not pretty, but it's ok to me.
64" will be much smoother than anything shorter.
The longer the bow, the smoother the draw. Ask any Olympic Champion.
Many say shorter is better for hunting, I have done fine 64" to 70" all over US and Canada.
Both bows are phenomenal.
I own a Big Jim Buffalo, 64" and love it.
But as said earlier, both bows are top notch and personal preference/fit should be the only deciding factor. Fantastic bows, both of them!
   :thumbsup:
David M. Conroy

Offline TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by YORNOC:

Originally posted by TaterHill Archer:
Guys thaanks for the info.  I love a beautiful bow, but have reached the point of wanting a smooth bow, more than a beauty.

I may have a chance to buy a used 2-piece A&H, but it's a 64" bow.  I'm really wanting one in 60".  I know a 64" bow would be sweet though.  It's grey diamond wood, so not pretty, but it's ok to me.
64" will be much smoother than anything shorter.
The longer the bow, the smoother the draw. Ask any Olympic Champion.
Many say shorter is better for hunting, I have done fine 64" to 70" all over US and Canada.
Both bows are phenomenal.
I own a Big Jim Buffalo, 64" and love it.
But as said earlier, both bows are top notch and personal preference/fit should be the only deciding factor. Fantastic bows, both of them!
    :thumbsup:  [/b]
Up until recently, all of my bows have been 64".  I had no trouble with them on the ground or out of blinds, but in a tree stand (or at least the ones I've been in lately) a 64" bow was a problem.  I do believe a 64" bow is smoother, so I went ahead and bought it.     :archer:
Jeff

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Ive owned plenty of pretty bows and I still have some of the best looking bows around.  I've got a real looker on the way (Kempf Kwik Styk in B&W Ebony).  If its like my other one, it will shoot as good as it looks.  

I don't currently own a longbow.  I've had a Centaur and a MOAB, so I want to try a few others.
Jeff

Offline TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by nineworlds9:
Tater, I would think beyond the shooting characteristics of the two and make more of a decision about whether you are looking for raw performance or a custom made functional artwork that also happens to perform at top level?  IMHO you're comparing apples and pears, kinda like do I get the BMW/Benz, or the Ferrari?  Anything Big Jim will be smooth and quick, individually made to your artistic desire and specs-  a thing of beauty.  To me in this comtext the A&H is more of a production item that is more focused on function rather than form, though no doubt they do look good.  As far as BJim bows, the TC will do everything the Buff will, just in a smaller package.  The A&H would be more appropriately compared to a 2pc Centaur and the Buff/TC to a 2pc Whip or Caribow.  Just my 2cents.  In summary what is truly important to you?
I've been thinking about a Toelke Whip too.  They look like nice bows and I hear good things.
Jeff

Offline Fanto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 05:00:00 AM »
Sorry to add to the confusion but perhaps have a look at a caribow.  The peregrine and slynx are so so close to the ace in performance. At high arrow weights over 12gpp there's only a few Fps in it.

And they are masterpieces .

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Both great bows, the A&H was a little stiff in the draw for me, where as the buffalo was butter smooth. Both were really quick. I preferred Jim's grip, absolutly perfect for MY style of gripping a bow, the A&H had a higher grip than I liked,
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
I've owned seven ACS bows over the years.  I've never owned a Big Jim bow.  Nevertheless, I would recommend A Big Jim bow!  The ACS bows didn't work for me, either.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Buy one of each! Two diff bows. One high end performance and one high end beauty.
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline MOFISH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
Yep, one of each. Both top shelf. You won't be disappointed.

Offline TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by pamike:
Buy one of each! Two diff bows. One high end performance and one high end beauty.
I like the way you think.  May end up doing just that.
Jeff

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©