3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Oh.....and I really enjoyed my hunt with Todd.....he's a hoot   :biglaugh:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »
Joe,

I think you had just pulled out in your Jeep for the trip home.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
2nd that, Joe!  Last minute idea.  Sorry that you were not in the picture!  You are definitely part of the Hog Wild group!!
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Looks like a great Time with a great group of Folks.

Congrats on a Fine Hunt!!!!  Thank you for sharing your trip with us.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
That's the way hunting goes some times. All of you guys seemed to take the lack of hanging meat pretty well.

I'm curious.... Why didn't you guys try night hunting for those beasts? I've heard some great stories of guys doing that, and only got to try it once myself. It was kinda cool listening to all the movement of the night creatures... Kinda like telling spooky stories around a camp fire and hearing something rustling in the brush just outside the light....You can feel the hair standing up on the back of your neck one by one....

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
We had three important things we had to do after dark... like eat, drink and be merry.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Tom,

Sent you padded envelope today with a few extras tucked inside.

Terry,

Yeah, I was in the Cypress, Oak swamp near the Jon boat stand. On the west side of the main creek that comes under the road that leads to the turkeyfoot split.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
The food, drink and hunting stories (all of which were true    :rolleyes: )  after dark were way too good to miss. So, there was no night hunting going on.
"Everything but a dead hog" for the Hog Wild Tribe -- this time. There will be a full-house "Revenge on the Hogs" hunt next year.

Sorry I missed the photo op, guys. That arrow is, I'm sure, the first of many that we will sign and present to our great host, Andrew.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline TrueBlue

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Thank all of you for your posts and responses.  The group last weekend was my first full house and I was very nervous about everything going well.  You all were great, patient, and always helpful.  
To cut to the chase about the hogs:  very few hogs were seen by the group. I believe, by my best count, around twenty.  Hog signs were plentiful but signs don't photograph well nor do they tast very good.  I'd like to think that it was the 80*+ weather and the record acorn crop.  Nonetheless, we all had a great time. Maybe next year........
Again, thank you for your kind words but especially for the new friendships.  Please, let's stay in touch.
I wish you all a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.
All the best,
Andrew

Offline Nattybumppo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Sorry all I got tied up with work and family this week. Just now getting back to this.

Saturday was the day for me... The AM hunt found me getting to within 30 yards of a feeding doe in the hardwoods across from the old trailer before getting picked off. Then hearing 2 boars fighting in the pines. I managed to get to the big bend in that road and discover a good sized pig in a wallow there. But he either spotted me or decided he had something better to do cause he left...

But I can't believe no one posted any pics of the OYSTER roast!!! I mean come on guys!!! Andrew and Doug took CARE OF US!!! Man what a roast. Some good food and a great time!

As soon as I got in and had a shower I promptly sat down in front of the fire with a good cigar.

And a glass of whiskey.

Andrew's cousin Doug (who it turned out has run with most my buddies so we had a big time talking fishing and hunting and development down there) cooked the best oysters... I mean these were big juicy wonderful oysters! Fit for a cold fall evening and a group of friends!

A true pope and young oyster...

Stalker Coyote #53
Northern Mist #55
Hoyt Buffalo #55
Compton Member

Offline Nattybumppo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »

Guys- I know a lot of you are from northof Atlanta and are suspect... but if you want to see why we love it so much down here. Come and visit Andrew. Someone said he's a true Southern Gentleman. He is. He's steeped in the land and water and history of the area. He's as much a part of Estill as the river. And you will not regret spending time in his company.
Stalker Coyote #53
Northern Mist #55
Hoyt Buffalo #55
Compton Member

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
James is, of course, absolutely right. Andrew is an especially great host, and a true example of why the term Southern Gentleman is part of the American lexicon. I do love the photo of the cotton field -- what a great slice of the True South.

I must also mention Andrew's incredible chili. Once I tasted it I knew that Estill, SC is a bit of heaven itself -- or at least in the same zip code. I have never had anything better in my life. I would make the trip just for the chili, but there is so much more there to enjoy.

Andrew's place is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, and I have been in some beautiful locations from the beaches of Southern California, to the Great North Woods, to the Rocky Mountains, and the autumn woods of New England --- and the haunting pine woods and cyprus swamps of SC are something special.

I know I will go back to Andrew's place as often as my budget allows.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
So you're why I got only one bowl, huh Joe?   ;)  

That stuff was GONE in no time!

True words James and Joe. Andrew's place is tops. The only thing better is the company and food.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©