3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shannon 3d Bug Tammer?  (Read 286 times)

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Shannon 3d Bug Tammer?
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
So with X-mas coming up I am thinking of new camo and what to get.  I really like the predator camo, but 80% of hunting I am surrounded by swarms of mosquitoes and 80-90 degree temps.  Even today with the rest of the country freezing the high here was 75.  So I am thinking of under armor heat gear and the bug tamer 3d.  Do any of you use the suit and if so how does it fair?
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14 KJV

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shannon 3d Bug Tammer?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
It's a life saver in the marshy areas we hunt in mid-September.  The newer ones aren't as thick and hot.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
So now the question is how much do you use that compared to your thermacell.  I am considering some light weight predator camo and just sticking with the thermacell.  I know they work but the heat is a killer here.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14 KJV

Offline scram1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
They work well and I haven't managed to even rip mine with years of use. I use a therma cell a lot and the bug tamer is fantastic to have when therma cell isn't working (won't light, out of fuel or pads, or you forget to bring it:))or the bugs are so thick you can't breathe without inhaling some while trying to get to your stand.That being said, I also use my bug tammer a lot and not just for protection from the bugs.

Online Matt Quick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
In theory the bugtamer seems like good hot weather clothing because it's mesh. However with two layers of mesh and the string in between the mesh layers it's hotter than a cotton shirt. During the early season I where a mesh leafy suit from cabelas over shorts and a t-shirt.   Use a thermacell for mosquitoes. I do like a bugtamer for spring bear where bugs are bad but the temps are still cool to warm.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©