3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black widow gallery  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black widow gallery
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
KB X in Bubinga and Olive Ash

Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=102137;p=2

Oldie but Goodie thread. Sold most of the bows I posted but still have a few...

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
I have a PCHX that is Zircote and Tiger Myrtle that looks almost identical to Happy1's only it has the Phenolic in it... 56", 64# at my draw...

I also have a late 90's era SA III with two sets of 58" limbs (62# and 73# at my draw)...  And a '00, MA II with two sets of 60" limbs (60# and 71# at my draw)...  Both of these currently have the standard grip, but the PCH has the low grip that I really, really like...  Plan on sending both the SA and MA in Widow to get refinished (as they need it...) and to get the grips reworked into the low grip...  Once I get that done I'm planning on sending the risers to Dave Windauer to get them checkered as I like the grips that way...  

I shot the SA exclusively for several years when I changed over to traditional in 2000.  I just recently tried a skinny string on it after getting the PCH with a skinny string on it through the classifieds...  I didn't see a whole lot of difference performance wise, but did get a big difference in the noise, or lack there of, in the bow at the shot.  

That simple change has really woke them back up for me as that was the reason I hadn't shot them in about 10 years and was shooting longbows...  They were simply quieter...  I'm much more consistent with the Widows and truthfully compare every bow I've ever owned to them over the years...  I have been shooting them exclusively lately and don't see going to anything else over these three bows...  Perfect hunting weapons for me... I shoot them better/more consistently then any other, and now that they are quiet I'm happy all the way around with them.

"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
Happy and bowhunter4life, I have one like that also!

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
bowhunter4life i really like the looks of those 90-00 era widows any chance you could get a few more picts of those two? Also do you shoot your SAIII or i guess all your widows without a bow quiver? Just a couple days ago I started shooting my SAII without  the quiver on and it was a lot quieter than before. I love bow quivers but this change in noise level is seriously making me consider a hip quiver for my widow.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
I don't have any other pics right now, but I'll work on some in the near future...

As far as bow quiver or not...  More often then not I'll have a bow quiver on the bow...  Really like the Selway Side-mount in 5-arrow...  Solid and quiet...  But, I do use my Arrowmaster from time to time also... Depends on what I'm hunting or how I feel that particular day...
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
[/url] [/IMG]

PSR under attack!!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
Hey Denny, How often do you hunt with your PSR?  Whats your draw on it??
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
That simple change has really woke them back up for me as that was the reason I hadn't shot them in about 10 years and was shooting longbows...  They were simply quieter...  I'm much more consistent with the Widows and truthfully compare every bow I've ever owned to them over the years...  I have been shooting them exclusively lately and don't see going to anything else over these three bows...  Perfect hunting weapons for me... I shoot them better/more consistently then any other, and now that they are quiet I'm happy all the way around with them.

[ [/QB]
I have the exact same feelings, i cant imagine a better hunting bow than my PSA's I have pretty well put my longbow on the rack since i got the PSA as quiet as I have   i will post pics when i get home, but neither are fancy, one a greybark and the other a autumn oak minus the white....
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
Here's a PSA with Ironwood riser and Olive Ash limbs.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
Beautiful bows, BW sure finds some nice wood to put into them...   :thumbsup:

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
I'm really diggin this thread. Ive always liked BW bows especially the older ones from the later 80s early 90s for some reason. I've never really thought that BW were the most beautiful bows don't get me wrong there are some gorgeous BW bows but I have always thought that they are just sweet looking weapons for "hunting" which is my main concern.

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Well guys, just got home from selling my compound and I now have the money to buy my 1st widow. I'm calling them up tomorrow (or as soon as I can make up my mind on wood selection) and gonna get this thing started. It's almost surreal for me as I've sold off my modest recurve collection to come up with most of the money and finally sold my compound to top it off. This is a lot of money for me, hope my decision to sale off my compound and go fully trad, with a widow, is the right one.

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Well guys, just got home from selling my compound and I now have the money to buy my 1st widow. I'm calling them up tomorrow (or as soon as I can make up my mind on wood selection) and gonna get this thing started. It's almost surreal for me as I've sold off my modest recurve collection to come up with most of the money and finally sold my compound to top it off. This is a lot of money for me, hope my decision to sale off my compound and go fully trad, with a widow, is the right one.

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
Congrats on your decision you can't go wrong with a widow I love mine and don't worry if things don't go the way you hope you can get a compound anytime they are a dime a dozen.      widow

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
SMART MOVE!!  You may want to test drive the model that you decide on. Toby, Roger and John are great to deal with.  I've been shooting Widows since '95, they're my all time favorite.  Good Luck with your decision.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
PTF Ziricote & Ziricote..

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
Good looking bows guys, all of them! Hoyt that's one sharp PTFX   :thumbsup:

Offline Ibow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Beautiful bows!!! Thanks for taking the time to post your picts. Really enjoying this thread.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©