3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator Insulated Bibs and Parka  (Read 317 times)

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator Insulated Bibs and Parka
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Anybody have experience with the Predator insulated Bibs and Parka directly from the Predator site? I love their fall gray pattern and think it would be excellent for fall treestand hunting in Wisconsin. Just wondering on quality and fit of the Predator stuff. I know everyone says to go to Gray Wolf Woolens or Day One, but anybody have thoughts (and pictures!) of the Predator stuff?

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator Insulated Bibs and Parka
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
I have the bibs. They stay soft and quiet below zero and are too warm to use for me unless it is way below zero. Part of the heat factor is a very high vest-like upper that is really warm. Only wish for full length 2 way zippers like carharts to make it easier on and off over pack boots. You won't hike very far in these bibs. I did some coyote hunting last week at -20 something every morning and left these in the truck in case I needed them but never did. My heavy wt. merino base and wool pants were about right for comparison. Good product and best price from St Joe River Bows. I sent them back for size exchange(forgot if larger or smaller) so ask them first about sizing.

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
I had the insulated bibs in fall grey. You needed to carry them to the stand or I did because you would get to hot. Mine were the older wool ones from Grey wolf.

The other thing is I had them on in a big red oak tree and got busted by several deer. I thought it was just a one time deal but this happened several times on different days. I guess they were just to light for the dark tree because I never had that problem with other camo in that tree.
PBS  Member

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
I love them very warm The bibs to run small. The jacket sizing is fine. Predator is deleting this item so there is some limit to sizes that are still available
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©