3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Something happened today and was awesome  (Read 374 times)

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Something happened today and was awesome
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
So my buddy and I go duck hunting this am and had a few missed opportunities but nonetheless it was a lot of fun.  Black Belly Whistling Ducks 10 yards in front of the boat flying so slow.  We didn't shoot them because we didn't think they were ducks at first and it was just hitting sunrise.
Well on the way back home we were driving down one of the back roads and spotted a deer up ahead.  For FL it was a nice 8 point and I was shocked seeing that it was 11 am.  Well as we got close the deer decided to run along the road for (no exaggeration) a half mile.  To start with I have never see a deer run this long and being so close.  Secondly that sucker was running at a constant 32 mph, I could not believe they ran that fast.  Despite the fact he almost busted a few times, I followed him at a safe distance.  I really wish I had that on video but my phone was in my shell bag in the boat.

Well that's my little story for tonight.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14 KJV

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Something happened today and was awesome
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
That's very cool. I have have a few do that while spotting deer. We are allowed here in pa.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Cool!
DonD

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Neat experience!
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
I chased one up a dirt road on a motorcycle years ago for not quite that far...just wanted to see how long it was going to put up with me right on its "rear end".  I wasn't as bright in those days...glad it didn't put on the brakes suddenly cause you know who would have gotten this worst of that!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©