3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: L.L. Bean hunting boots?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: L.L. Bean hunting boots?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
I believe you all have convinced me to order a pair. Thank you all for your input
 Jason
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline one more bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
I bought a pair of main guide boots this fall for bow season. I ware a 10 1/2 usually and I ordered a 9. uninsulated and I love them. probably couldn't get a real thick shock in them, but I wasn't planning that going in. ware like boots ive had for 5 years, no break in required. I think you will like them.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
Have three sizes. The shoe model is my work around the house.  The 10" is my fall and flat land hunting.  Trap in 16 in pair.  My 10 model is 30 years old and due to have the rubber replaced as they are slick!
They are not mountain boots, especially in snow, but great for river bottom hunting.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Nattybumppo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
I owned a pair for a while but to be honest I wear the Schnees 16" Guide Boot now. IMO the leather is a lot better and the stitching is better on Schnees. Same design and everything.
Stalker Coyote #53
Northern Mist #55
Hoyt Buffalo #55
Compton Member

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
Have three sizes. The shoe model is my work around the house.  The 10" is my fall and flat land hunting.  Trap in 16 in pair.  My 10 model is 30 years old and due to have the rubber replaced as they are slick!
They are not mountain boots, especially in snow, but great for river bottom hunting.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
How are they in places that have tend to be rocky? Not screed slope rocky like the mountains but where I hunt out here in NE Ks there are some rocky spots here and there.

Offline Fisher Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
I've hunted in them most of my life.  They are great in woods, not great in desert.  Their biggest asset is that they are waterproof almost up to the top of the leather.  The soles tend to be a little slippery, but you can feel branches and such pretty easily.  When I was a kid, I had a pair with vibram soles.  I don't know if they still offer them that way, but I liked them (although they would track mud into the house). They are not good for extremely cold weather and the ones with heavy felt liners just make my feet sweat.  THEORETICALLY, they are good for scent control because of their rubber bottoms, yet they still breathe a bit better and are more comfortable than Lacrosse rubber boots.  

As their name indicates, they were designed for hunting in Maine, which is rocky, hilly woods with swamps.  They are great for all that.  Plus, I'm pretty sure they are one of the few LL Bean products that are still made in the USA. - John

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
they are made in US unlike most of the other stuff at bean now,,,, don't forget to check out LLbeans outlet store website where super deals can be found,,, we have one local here and you never know what you'll find in there not just their hunting boots but camping, canoeing,  fly rodding,  I have 2 pairs of hunting boots I got for 60 each brand new,, Nice made in USA wool sweaters too.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
I've been wearing LL Bean Maine Hunting boots(uninsulated)for over 35 years. I like the 14" high variety with speed lace hooks. I need to send my latest pair(about 6 or 8 years old) back for resoling. If I'm hunting in cold weather(20deg is cold for us) I wear a pair of smart wool socks with them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
Have three pair and one I had resoled after 20 years of use. Bought a pair of 16" with speed laces and used them for 7 days on a mule deer hunt in Wyoming and they fit the bill. Also were handy against snakes. Speed laces were the way to go.
Will McQueen

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Sending mine back for second re-sole after 30 yearsm.  As stated get about 1/2 size big to allow for thick socks.    :thumbsup:    :archer2:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
ive worn the bean boot and maine hunting shoe  for alot of years, but as a couple others have said, the schnees are a way better quality and heavier leather plus have a rebuild service for pretty cheap....
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Been about 8 years and I need my first re-sole.  Sending them back after the holiday rush...$39.

I have tried others before but nothing is quieter in the woods than the Bean hunting shoe IMO!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Just found this thread. I bought a pair this year . LL Bean Maine Hunting Boots 10 inchers. Uninsulated without the liner.I wanted them for early season because I was getting tired of trying to get off my LaCrosse Grange. When I ordered them the person told me to get the size 8 I wear a 9 shoe. They fit and I have plenty of room for heavy socks. For Winter Bow I wear my LaCrosse 1200's.Plus they're made in Maine U.S.A.!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©