3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Okay quiver question  (Read 280 times)

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Okay quiver question
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
So I have been using my compound quiver and I am tired of carrying it.  Now I have a Fred Bear Super Kodiak should I get the Fred Bear bow quiver or something else.  I am not drilling holes in my bow I just cant find a lot of reviews about this quiver and know nothing about limb quivers or whatever.  I eventually want a back quiver but will be saving to have one custom made with my Irish crest on it.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14 KJV

Offline Stephengiles

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Okay quiver question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
If you hunt from the ground you could get a strap on type. I have an EFA quiver it's nice but in all honesty if I'm sitting somewhere for a while I take it off. I can set the bow in my lap if I want, plus I feel more concealed with just one arrow on the string and not all four waving around. Also with the one that I have, even though it's a Velcro strap it's not loud when I undo it,unlike what you would normally associate with things like that:)

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
Pm sent

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Okay I am now looking into back quivers maybe with and extra pouch or two seeing that I don't go out for super long trips and I am in a tree.  Seems like hanging a quiver to my climber with a clip and having all my arrows right there would be nice.  And when I go shoot 3d with my buddy I will be able to carry more arrows.  So what do I look for in a back quiver?
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
/bumb....Okay so I am looking at

3Rivers Mini-Boa 4-Arrow Bow Quiver
Fred Bear bow quiver
Big Jims Bow quiver

I read reviews on both strap on quivers but can find much on the Fred Bear quiver.  Seems like the Fred Bear quiver is made for my Fred Bear Super Kodiak.  Anyone with experience on the Fred Bear quiver its a little cheaper.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Robert.  
seriously go to 3D shoots and watch for others carrying the stuff you are asking about.  That way you can touch it and see it and ask someone who has it in use.  Asking all of us is good... I do it all the time, but I really really like to touch and see the thing first hand before I make a decision.

ChuckC

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Getting ready to make the switch to my recurve I tried my daughter's back quiver during early bow season and did not care for it. Ended up buying a Great Northern strap on. Figured I can leave it on or take it off - won't know which way I'll go until next fall. If you can try a back quiver first I would; thought I'd like it much better than I did; you just never know. I have 1 of the old green bear quivers that screws into the stab hole. I went with the strap on for the versatility and the bear quiver is  a little heavier.
SWA Spyder

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©