3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traded for a Morrison last night  (Read 262 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
Traded for a Morrison last night
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
What all can you tell me about them. Mine is a 3 piece TD with Iron wood riser foam core limbs never shot one just wondered what yall thouth about them. Its the best DW for me to shoot in the yard, and 3D this spring. 45 ant 29 I draw 29 1/2 so its gona be just fine. What about BH on this bows I run about 7 1/2 to 8 on all my bows will this work or does it call for something else. Also so I shoot lighter gain arrows out of my bows needed to know what is the lightest Morrison would want to me to shoot. As soon as it gets here I"ll post up pics. My Dakota hunter is gonna be so jealous lol  thanks Mike

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traded for a Morrison last night
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Very nice bows. I have two Cheyenne's with foam core limbs. You will notice them being smoother and slightly quicker. Bob has the recommended brace heights posted on his web site but I think you on target, I prefer a higher one. They really like SBD skinny strings. Bob sends out these with his new bows. I've shot many, own several and I love my Morrisons!

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
http://www.morrisonarchery.com/Riser_charts/riser_charts.html

On my long-loved Cheyenne, I seem to like running it at or 1/4" above the lower end of his recommended brace height.  I think these are excellent, EXCELLENT bows!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Not sure what Morrison you have. I have a Cheyenne and mine is braced at 7". Try it that low just to see. Finest bow I have every had or tried with foam core limbs. Not sure what string you will have but I highly recommend getting a skinny string padded in the loops.

Mine are Flemish D97 8 strand padded to 16 in the loops, but have heard good things about the Ultra Cams.

Oh yeah don't forget to post some picts of your new partner. You will most likely love that bow.

TJ
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
I build my own strings to my spec so what ever you guys say is what I will put on it it also came with a 3 arrow quiver that holds the 2 blade BH's so now I have to buy a set of them but other than that its ready to take hunting. What about arrow weight what are yall thinking I like 100gn BH and lighter arrows.

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
I have a Morrison ilf setup, 14" mini riser and D limbs that are carbon foam. I love this bow and it shoots great, I have mine set at 7.5" for the brace height and it seems to shoot and feel the best for me there. I shoot 250gr up front on my arrow with a total weight around 565gr. I shoot 60lbs and its smoother than most bows at 55lbs, I love Morrison bows!!
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline Gottabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
My Cheyenne is 58"..I find that 7" works well for me..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©