3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 4 shots 4 misses!!  (Read 729 times)

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4 shots 4 misses!!
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
Are your broadheads/arrows tuned properly? Poorly tuned arrows can fly well with field points but not broadheads. I missed my first traditional shot this way. After missing, I went home and shot my BHs...turns out they were all over the place.

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
Arrows tuned broadheads  fly like rockets, it me it's my M.O. I have screwed up some gifts in the woods.

Got get a handle on this.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »
If it makes you feel better, I missed my first five trad shots before connecting...it just takes time.   :thumbsup:

Offline one more bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 03:31:00 AM »
Oh yea I forgot to mention, it took four years to get that first kill. But there wasn't quite as many deer back in the 80's either.  Hang in there.

Offline one more bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 03:32:00 AM »
Oh yea I forgot to mention, it took four years to get that first kill. But there wasn't quite as many deer back in the 80's either.  Hang in there.

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
It looks as if the second kill is going to be the hard one, I harvested a good buck last year must have been luck!!!!

Better lucky then good!! I just need to come down and relax and spend the extra 2 to 3 seconds, focusing.

Wait all year, heck 2 seconds should be easy, lot harder said then done.

Offline 19420

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
If you are a right handed shooter, your dominant eye should be your left eye. You may be right eye dominant. With the excitment of the coming shot , your dominant eye may take over and you miss were you think you are aiming.

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
I'd feel sorry for you except that twice over the years I've emptied my quiver without hitting a hair, all in less than a minute.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 11:44:00 PM »
Keep at it Keb. You will get it down. Like I said, if you can hit the target you can hit the deer. It's all in your head. And we have ALL been there.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
Keb, play some games.  Draw an 8" black circle onto your cardboard backstop.  Shoot a bunch of arrows and see what the range of accuracy is.  

Now   draw a 1" or even a 1/2" dark circle and do the same.  You may never even hit the smaller circle, but I bet your groups are way tighter around it.

Often we pick a spot on the deer, but that spot is the entire area behind the shoulder.  Not good enough.  Pick a hair, or make your "button".  A 1/2" spot, not an 8" spot.

ChuckC

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
I got a giant chunk of brown cardboard to simulate brown for a deer and having been using the button method, I am really liking it.

Every thing I look at while not even shooting I imagine a red button on it.

I think this is going to help, we shall see at go time if I am Romo or Manning.

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by 19420:
If you are a right handed shooter, your dominant eye should be your left eye. You may be right eye dominant. With the excitment of the coming shot , your dominant eye may take over and you miss were you think you are aiming.
I think this line of thought differs from the mainstream just a tad!

Eye dominance should match your hand. If you are right handed then you anchor under your right eye on the right side of your face. Right eye for right hand and left eye for left hand!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©