3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TD Hill bow question  (Read 164 times)

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
TD Hill bow question
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
I'm looking at take down style down Hill bows. The kind where the lower limb simply slips into the bottom of the grip.

Are those long term durable/reliable? I worry about the fit getting sloppy over time.
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TD Hill bow question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
Paul, if you jump over to the Hill Bug thread, there are several guys there who own the take down versions. I feel they can answer your questions and put you at ease. Craig does top shelf work on his bows, and he would be a great resource also. Just call HHA and talk to him. You won't offend him by asking, and you'll get a straight answer from the horses mouth.
Hope I didn't just waste your time stating the obvious. I think you have a few Hills don't you?

Somewhere deep in the first series of Hill Bug threads Rod D. actually took a leap of faith and cut one of his bows into two pieces and made a take down! Boy, that pained me to watch, but I think it turned out fine. He may jump in here if he spots this. I don't have brassy enough ones for that move.

Tim
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
I have a t/d Cheetah, that is my main bow (for now). Absolutely no problem with the system, and when the bow is assembled, it is impossible to tell that it is a takedown. A good fit without being hard to pull apart.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
That is one of the oldest and most durable of all TD systems.  Mine works flawlessly--not much could possibly go wrong with it.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »
Here is another option on take down Hill style bows. Steve Turay of Northern Mist uses the connexion hinge on his Hill style bows which allows for a more traditional grip shape.

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
Not bashing the hill boys but mine didn't fit. Had to take a file to it !
Dan Breen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©