3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jay Kidwell's book....  (Read 880 times)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Jay Kidwell's book....
« on: January 21, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
I just got finished wading thru it. Not a bad book. It opened my eyes to alot of things that I took for granted. The part about worrying about NOT hitting a deer in the wrong place could actually cause you to possibly shoot the deer in that place struck home with me. I noticed how he writes over and over in that chapter "when picking a spot concentrate 110% on that spot"...reinforcement through the printed page; very smart Jay.
the cure for stimulus confusion was helpful too, a black button is easy for me to picture.
Being left eye/right handed and UNSWITCHABLE( been there tried that) it was nice to read that in true instictive shooting it matters not which eye is dominant, pretty cool.
All in all I think it was a good book, the chapter "confidence breeds success"... ROFLMAO! I have gone thru that phase myself!
Anybody else read his book? if so did you pick any good stuff from it?
BD

Offline FAIRCHASE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jay Kidwell's book....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
I read this book several years ago, and found it to be very helpful. I found the part about stimulus confusion to be right on. I think anyone
that shoots cross eye dominant, should read the section on "The Dominant Eye Fallacy" I for one give this book one ( A+ ) Regards, Carl

Shoot what you like - Like what you shoot

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
Yes Sir!!!...Kidwells book is a good one!...If someone out there is needing help as to "why we miss" or just needs to get better at trad archery in general...Get hold of this book...

Alot is going on between the mind and body. This book brings it to light. Best part for me was learning how to imagine an object on what I want to hit with an arrow. For me it's a little red light flashing (good for targets in dark shadows) or a fly landing "over the heart".

Please Read This Book!!! Thanks for letting me give some input... :) ...

>>-----> mike <-----<<
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
I found the book very helpful as well. It especially helped me get past my short draw TP.   :thumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline JuraRanger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Found the book very helpful too. I especially liked to discover the mental training method. Also the trajectory feedback (as opposed to impact feedback) helped me to improve my shooting. Along with Ferguson and Asbell, the best book on this topic.
"How vain is it to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live" H.D. Thoreau

JuraRanger

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
I read it twice and have improved my shooting so much so I shocked myself at the 3D range yesterday. I'm still not where I want to be, level wise, but the book sure is helpfull.

Oh, "It" is fast becomming history too.

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©