3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Forrester shafts  (Read 263 times)

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
Forrester shafts
« on: December 28, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Any body shoot  the forester  heavy shafts  in 5/6ths. And are they like the old forgewoods.
Dan Breen

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Forrester shafts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
never heard of them.  I'm listening.....

ChuckC

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Chuck . Google forrester arrow shafts.
Dan Breen

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
Judging by his web site, I am guessing that they are simply made from various heavy hardwoods and are not compressed.  

Forgewoods were compressed soft woods and they were compressed in a special way that ended with a heavier, denser front.  This fellow said nothing (that I saw) about any of that, although he did mention adding a foot to increase shaft size to fit broadheads.

Interesting,.and I bet they make really pretty arrows.  I wonder how they are at staying straight ?

ChuckC

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
I guess I was asking if  there just as good. I shot the forge woods and they were great
Dan Breen

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Depending on the hardwoods he's using, they're likely heavier than forgewoods, though forgewoods were generally pretty heavy for their diameter. Forgewoods, being cedar, would also have different elasticity, springing back faster at the shot than hardwoods.  To get the same flight out of the heavier hardwoods, you would probably need to go up in spine a little.

I have ramin wood shafts in 5/16 that are comparable in weight and spine to some forgewoods I have.  Forgewoods shoot better IMO. I use the ramins for practice (they're very tough), but when it comes time to go after critters, I pul out the forgewoods.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©