3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you store your hunting clothes?  (Read 586 times)

Offline Bob Moran

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you store your hunting clothes?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Plastic storage bins in the basement. I wash the clothes in unscented detergent and found a local weed that is aromatic and I have several stalks in the tub with the clothes. I also used pantie shields adhered to the lid and spray cover scent onto them. I've stopped using the cover scent and just rely upon the aromatic weeds. I've had deer come in to me from down wind, so it must work.
May your friends be as many as the promises you keep.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
I'm with KSDSAN once you put the clothes on they smell like you.  I hang my clothes on a pole in the basement and put them on when I want to hunt.  As much heat and scent that comes off my body makes it hard for me to believe that all the scent control the industry pushes on us work much.  I am a big believer in playing the wind and spend most of my time finding the right location.
T ZZZZ

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
With the rest of my clothes.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
I keep mine in a big plastic bin with the clamp locks too. I put it in back of my truck also and change when I get to my hunting spot provided it's not an out the back door hunt. I also put cedar and pine boughs in the container. It might not help with the animals picking up my scent but I like the way they smell. It gives me confidence.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Larrydawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
they say Deer have a sense of smell 1000 times better then a human! so with that to a Deer fresh out the shower with scent free soap and washing our clothes in scent free laundry detergent, I bet we still Stink!! I store my clothes in Giant Ziplock bags, walmart sells them, I put Cedar Berries and small cedar Leaves crushed on concrete floor with my Hunting boots in a plastic container full of holes in each bag, then I store them in Clear Sterilite containers. these totes are then stored in garage after season ends until mid summer when I get them out (make sure the Fit MY Fat @$$!)and wear them while I practice for up coming season. I shoot 3D target at home and this year im joining SaltHawk Archery here in Hutchinson Kansas to shoot regular, I was so out of shape this hunting season!!
larryDawg
Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th anniversary 50#@28in.
Shakespere Ocala 50@28 in (1972)
Locksley Puma 45#@28 (1952)
several osage Bows, and every recurve bow ive owned since I started archery at age 6 (45 yrs)

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
I wear most of them yr round...live in the sticks. During summer I put the heavy duty stuff in those real long coolers. 72 qt I think they are.

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by tracker12:
I'm with KSDSAN once you put the clothes on they smell like you.  I hang my clothes on a pole in the basement and put them on when I want to hunt.  As much heat and scent that comes off my body makes it hard for me to believe that all the scent control the industry pushes on us work much.  I am a big believer in playing the wind and spend most of my time finding the right location.
I use the scent bags to store my hunting clothes to keep the smells from my house getting in them, i.e. - food odors from cooking, the scented candles my wife lights up, etc..

Bisch

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
I keep them in a couple of big Tupperware bins for storage.  I leave them out on the deck over chairs if it's not going to rain during hunting season.  If it will rain or frost is expected I just toss them in the bins in the house.  I'm not all that concerned about scent, I keep my clothes and myself clean and hope the wind cooperates.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Rubber Made Tubs. Started doing this when I hunted and drove with Bud's that smoked. Just do it all the time now. I drive with the tub in my pickup bed. Dress when I get to my spot.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
I dry mine, thump em with a stick to dust em off.  I have a 55 gallon barrel in the garage that they get stored in-with a handfull of sage.  No rodents or other things can get in and they come out in the Fall ready for duty.
Store them dry and they will last a long time
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Dimondback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
I use a big plastic bin, put everything in there and then toss in a couple of those cheap Hunters Specialties earth scented wafers in and close it up. I keep them this way through the season as well.  Every time I pull anything out it smells like dirt. These work well to replace car air fresheners as well. During the season, keep one hanging on the vent rather than new car smell or coconut whatever. I realized I was going through all this scent control business and getting in the truck and getting blasted for a 1/2 with "Island Coconut" scent.
"Do or Do Not, There is no "Try"
Martin Savannah 45#
3PC Home Built Longbow 53# @ 28"
MAJ - SCARNG 1998 - Present

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
During the season, after washing with some gimmicky scent free soap I hang them outside on the  covered porch away from the dogs, grill, and anything else.  They always smell like the wind.

Offline Aggie1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
I use the exact same one as you. The big green one. I love and have used it for 3 years. I keep all my camo gear in it.  Zippers could be better but luckily mine is holding up nicely.
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 54@28
Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28

Offline long time archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 07:12:00 PM »
Store clothes in cedar chests bought at auctions---cheap! during huntins season, haul clothes and keep them in Rubbermaid totes. Works good.
long time archer

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
Spare Closet in the back of the house. Not fancy, but there is Plenty of room!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
I have a closet in the spare bedroom in the basement lined with cedar. All my hunting clothes are hung up in there. About once a year I will cut some cedar tree sections a couple inches thick and put in the closet to help the cedar smell. No problem with moths either.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©