3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hunting with safari tuff?  (Read 987 times)

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
hunting with safari tuff?
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
Who actually hunts with a safari tuff arrowmaster?  I a tore my usual 3D quiver going through brush.  I am looking at the safari tuff as a hunt/3D two trick pony.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hunting with safari tuff?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
I hunt with mine, both deer and rabbit. 3-D I'd rather use a roving type of quiver. The Arrowmaster would be too hard on the fletching with the constant in and out all day.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
I do, and has become my go to quiver, especially in a light rain the hood works well. Rod did a great job on the design. I already wore out one foam insert, easy to replace. Its hot around here in the summer and for 3D I use a rear pocket quiver, light and keeps arrows out of the way.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline msmith2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
I use the Duiker and LOVE it! Super solid quiver!!
I prefer wild organic meat!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Not all the time, but I use one often enough to say I like it, a lot.  I especially use one when the threat of bad weather makes me want to cover my fletching, and well, lots of other times.

ChuckC

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
I shoot a lot of bad weather 3D here and hunting season can be wet.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
I have about every quiver on the market over 40+ years. I got a Arrowmaster from Rod a few years ago and that's the only quiver I use now for everything. Got one for everyone in the family. Trust me you wont find a better made quiver anywhere.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
I hunted with one for the last two seasons, (spring turkey and deer primarily from a tree stand).  
Excellent protection from the elements, especially this season where it rained for my entire week off in November.  I actually prefer to wear a pack with it as it seems to keep it more solidly at your side.
Like all quivers it has its place and I will keep mine, but it is pretty big and when you add up all the stuff you're carrying... Well, it's just one more big thing hanging off your neck.  The more I walked with it still hunting and scouting, the more I wished I liked bow quivers.
I know it's against the grain as most here love them, and the construction is quality, but I will reserve mine for inclement weather and continue to look for other options as my every day quiver.  Just my take.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
I hear you mike. I use my bow quiver as a last resort. I like my cat quiver but it feels like shooting with a pack on. I am going to try the arrowmaster and fanny pack solution.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 06:31:00 AM »
the arrowmaster and duiker are Superb side stalkers - you won't be disappointed.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 06:51:00 AM »
I both hunt and shoot 3D with mine, they are so versatile I would not step into the woods without mine ever.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
I have used my Safari Tuff for hunting for several years without a single glitch. They are great quivers. Having said that, I just got a GFA that I plan on using next year. But, I have more quivers than brains, and to use the Arrowmaster for several years is some kind of a record.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
I use mine almost exclusively for hunting.  My only complaint is that its hard on feathers but they are easily fixed so its not about to make me stop using it. The good far outweighs the bad in my opinion.

I wear it with or without packs. I can bungee it to the tree when I am in a stand. I lay it down when in a blind and usually have an arrow already out as a back up.

I like mine a lot.

Heres mine, loaded up with a pack.

Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
I took mine on an Elk hunt and hard mixed feelings. It seemed to make some noise in the dark timber but worked well. Really great for stumping and targets [3-D]. I will use it more, just not for still hunting in timber.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
I especially like the large pocket. I put tab, stringer, etc. in it, so I just grab my bow and the quiver and head for the truck!    :coffee:
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
I bought the Duiker model for this season. I strapped it to the side of my pack for a backcountry elk hunt. It kept my feathers dry and my arrows quiet. I liked the ability to remove arrows without taking my eyes off the target. Great hunting quiver.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Love the design of the quiver, but find the material very noisy in the brush.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
The jury is still out on my AM
I just got it for X-Mas . Took it out yesterday for a full day in the whitetail woods. I did nit want to carry as much stuff as I usually do so I did not bring a pack with me. My plan was to slow hunt to my stand being I had to wade through snow up to or past my knees. Well worked up quite the sweat kinda wish I had a pack for my jacket. I did fit all my essentials in the quiver pocket which was nice. It would be nice to have a second pocket though.
Any way so far
Pros: easily fit 6 BH 2 blade stingers could have fit another 6 plus have room for some blunts. that i liked.snowed a little so it did keep everything protected.
cons: or I should say thing idid not like
Quiver slid around on my back a lot I tried tightening the strap but when I got it too tight it was hard to reach my arrows.
Granted I was wearing a very slick snow camo shell which could have been an issue. I don't think rod should have eliminated caribiner I get the 3 point strap but it did not quite cut it.
My next gripe is I can't see th foam at the bottom of the quiver the opening is closed up so unless you take the quiver off I can't see where I'm putting my BH
Twice when I pulled my arrows the fletching was flattened. ( no good)
Someone else said it it is big seem a little overkill
In fairness I may just need a few more hunts to get use to using it and how I place my arrows in it. I mainly got this quiver because I do have a lot of bad weather here and I did not want to put a bow quiver on my new big Jim buffalo that and it gets rave reviews on here. My hope is too use it for hunting practice roving so pretty much everything until it become a part of me.
But we will see.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Ordered one late last night.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
I like mine a lot and use it with a small pack with no issues.  You just have to figure out what works for you.  

I have an older version and don't notice any more noise from the material on the quiver than I do from my pack or I would with feather noise on stuff with a bow quiver going through cover, but could be it has changed.

I shoot arrows min 30" so I don't use the cover unless I really need it. That helps with the feathers.

For 3D I use a single arrow quiver on my bow to have a place to keep an arrow.  If I want to shot two or more arrows per target when that is permitted and not holding things up, I shoot them and then I pull off the quiver and drop them in from the  top with the storm cover off.  This makes a big difference in feather wear when shooting targets with the quiver.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©