3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hunting with safari tuff?  (Read 989 times)

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hunting with safari tuff?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
I strap mine to the side of my pack. I can still reach back and get an arrow when I need to. I still like my back quiver better when not wearing a pack.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bear Heart:
Who actually hunts with a safari tuff arrowmaster?  I a tore my usual 3D quiver going through brush.  I am looking at the safari tuff as a hunt/3D two trick pony.
My brother uses a safari tuff and I happen to use a Bowmate-elite due to a deal I couldn't pass up plus wanted to compare.  Both quivers are great and basically the same idea with a few differences.  I adore this style of side quiver.  My Bowmate has become an extension of my body, for my brother the same.  I will never hunt a back or bow quiver again.

I would be happy with the AM or Bowmate equally after having worn and tried them both.  If you want an alternative to the excellent Arrowmaster try a Bowmate.

It's all about adjusting the strap tension properly.  Takes some practice and placement.  Once you nail it you'll be able to move the quiver with one hand yet not have it slide around on you.  Drawing arrows from and replacing with one hand and without looking or doing a contortion was never so easy.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Norminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
Last year, I was pussy footing up a trail on a dark and dreary afternoon. The kind of dark that sucks the color out of your surroundings, leaving only shadows and silhouettes. As I approached an angled junction in the trail, I all but ran into a black bear heading in the same direction. Unbelievably, there was only 10 yds between us. I saw him, he didn't see me. I  slipped an arrow from my Duiker, nocked, drew and center punched him in one smooth, silent motion. Love that quiver.
SBD for sure.
Norm from Canuckistan

45#,50#,55#,56" Bear Grizzlies
45#,54#,52" Bear Kodiak Magnum
55#,58" Vintage Works 62 Kodiak
55#,62" Tomahawk

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
I have been using the Safari Tuff quiver for about four seasons and I really like it. I have used and made a lot of different quivers and none are perfect.
I clip the caribiner on a belt loop at the 3:00 position and that allows me to look the arrow out and in of the quiver. In really heavy brush I will swing it up and into my arm pit to let me control it more. I do enjoy the pocket and carry stringer and extra tab in there.
I don't like a quiver on a longbow so the Safari Tuff is a good option for me.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
Have used mine exclusively for three years now. At first I was luke warm towards my Arrowmaster. The more I have used it the more I like and appreciate it. I like the way I can carry it in standard position (over my shoulder), and the way I can hang it from my tree stand when I am packing that in or out. This year I also "discovered" a bunch of different ways I can attach/hang the quiver to whatever tree I am hunting from without needing an extra hanger hook. I can't say anything bad about this quiver, and as I said at the beginning of this post, it is the only one I hunt with anymore.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
How do you keep your arrows from rattling around in it ?? I tried one a bit this late season and found it noisy, especially if you wanted to get something out of the pockets while on stand. A fleece model would be awesome. I liked the easy out getting an arrow, and the way it would protect my fletching from the wet weather of Washington... I tried it a few days and went back to my bow quiver since the weather was cold and dry, I'll give it a better try next year .
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Not sure what to tell you as I've never had a problem with my arrows rattling in the quiver or with noise when getting something from the pocket while hunting. I do always keep the fletching hood on my quiver. Maybe that accounts for the arrows not rattling.

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »
Took my arrowmaster out Snowshoe Hare hunting today. We were making our way through the thick cedars and fir trees up here. Not a fan of the quiver in this environment. It got hung up on limbs constantly. The bow quiver was doing a better job. It's built really well and I do like it a lot but not in this environment. A deciduous tree environment, field or mountain prairie sure.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
There is a wire in the quiver, you can flatten it to keep your arrows from rattlin.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
There is a wire in the quiver, you can flatten it to keep your arrows from rattlin.
Thanks, Charlie. I did not know that. Learned something today!

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
I used one for tge first time for our late hunt. Ive grown to like it. I fough oak brush and never had a problem. We are all different and something that works well for one guy might not work so well for another. Thanks for the idea about keeping the feathers in better condition by taking the cover off.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Furbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 09:37:00 PM »
I've got one and I love it. It was recommended by Mike at Legend Bows and he was absolutely right about how much I'd like it especially in adverse weather or brushy hunting conditions.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
I have been shooting with mine every time I go out. Love it. I don't feel constricted and no arrows dumping when I bend down.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »
Just picked one up this year.  Love it for small game hunting. Takes good care of the arrows while I'm busting through very heavy brush. Sure it would work fine for 3-D as well, but i like a smaller hip quiver for that.  Still prefer a bow quiver for hunting big game.  Smaller, quieter and faster for me to put into action.

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
for 3D put your  arrows in your quiver with the feathers in the bottom pocket
this way you won't damage the feathers

for hunting the normal way

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
A friend of mine gave me a Duiker to use during my pig hunt last week and I LOVED it! Super solid quiver! I found it very easy to manuver in the very think cover we hunted in and protected the arrows well.
T ZZZZ

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/bcurlis/media/014.jpg.html] [/URL
Love mine. Great for stalking.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
I love the quiver for most applications, however I find it very noisy in the brush.

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
I agree with shadman.  I've used my Safari Tuff for the past three years and really like it BUT brush slapping against it is much louder than I would like.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
My material seems really quiet. Mine is brand new though maybe the material has changed.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©