3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shooting with teeth  (Read 1194 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: shooting with teeth
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Terry,

Sorry to hear your out of commission for awhile, hope all heals fast. Life is to short to fret over what one shoots! Your teeth are needed in your mouth not on the lawn! I'll say it cause no one else has, cross bows are primitive, almost as old as long bows! Build yourself one of the early replicas and have at it. Shawn Web built one few years ago and killed hog in Texas with it. Looked like was right out of the ark, really neat to see it used and hunted with. Sides anyone that wears a bush on his heads outa not worry bout what people think. Like I said Life is Short enjoy it and allow time for proper healing. All the best.
hunt it

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
So how is the shooting coming Terry? Have you tried shooting with your teeth yet? Just wondering about your progress.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:

quote:
Originally posted by Matty:
Uh oh.   UUUHHHH OOOOHHHHH!!!
I dunno fellas. I think this just may be his "way out" to grt one of those fancy schmancy wheelie bows with a trigger mechanism!!  I thinks it's gettin cold in hell right now.... Just mat freeze over, in fact,       :biglaugh:  
He was just messin with ya T. Not serious in the slightest.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Wow Onions...just realized that was a video...what pound bow?

Mike...had to prep for 4 degree temps on Monday...old home place my house and grandfathers...it was in the low 20s Sat and Sun...so I wasn't going to start out in that weather with the wind chill.

But I'll be shooting tomorrow afternoon...I'll keep ya posted.

I know Randy....I got a chuckle out of it.     :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
Hey Terry,
I am shooting a 40@ 28"longbow 64" long. I don't think I actually drew the bow the full 28".

chris <><

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Thanks.

T
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Chris,
What'd you do to yourself? You going to K-Zoo?

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Terry,
We have a member of the MBA called Lefty (can't remember his real name) that lives near Hamilton that shoots 45-50# bear recurves using the same method as Onion in his video clip.  He lost his right arm from the shoulder down in a logging accident in the late 70's and has bowhunted using his mouth since.  He kills several deer and an elk most years.  I shot a couple rounds on a 3D course at a PBS odd year gathering and he held his own with all of us out to 25-30 yards.  He uses a 3/4" piece of rolled leather shaped like a football attached to the string so it was easier to pull the string.  He said that after shooting 65-70# bows with his mouth for 5 or six years his teeth started to angle out so he reduced the weight and had a mouth/tooth guard made.  Give me a call if you want to pick my brain for more information.  I will check around and see if a one of my friends has his contact info.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Hey T

I've hunted with Tim Farmer (see first post) and he used a nylon mouth tab that looked just like that dog collar tab. He shot booth trad and the other kind of bow - and was a much better shot than me with either.

Mouth tab gives you a perfect solid anchor and its eerie to see a guy loose an arrow by smiling...

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
Onions that's awesome.Nice setup.

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
I am sure that long term shooting with your teeth will lead to some damage to your teeth (like Walt stated).
I probably shot around 250-300 arrows with this setup, from what I can tell my teeth are still fine.
However,I don't plan to shoot in my normal Friday night league. I will just take the girls and help them.
I like the idea of a leather tab over the nylon "dog collar" I used. I think it would be easier on your teeth. Also, a little lighter on the bowstring.

chris <><

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©