3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: pack in type seat  (Read 768 times)

Offline ny state land

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
pack in type seat
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
I'm changing my approach to hunting this year. I have been spending more and more time on the ground but have been using a light fold up type seat. Unfortunately  it creaks a lot BUT it is easy to carry. I use a cat quiver and can't see how that would work with these type seats unless i am missing something? I like my setup just slip on my cat 3 and start walking, the fold ups have a strap that is easy to use. Lately i have just been standing in cover but feel too exposed. SO do i need to rethink my quiver situation to accommodate carrying a seat? I really like them idea of brushing in lower to the ground but being comfortable too. Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Stacy

Offline huntmaster70

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: pack in type seat
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Waldrop pac seat works great & is real comfortable but you would have to fasten your cat quiver to the back of the seat.( The seat has straps so you carry/wear it like a backpack)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
I have a Tripod-Type Fold Up seat that I Love! I think I got it at Big R.....Or one of the Farm Stores. Its Camo, and you sit pretty low, and it doesnt make ANY noise and its light to pack.
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
For the seats or chairs that have back straps I prefer the side quivers with a strap over my shoulder.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
If your looking for something that is light, easy to carry, doesn't creak, is adjustable and can be used free standing or leaning against a tree......then take a look at the Waldrop pack seat. I have attached a light weight old fleece pack to mine and can carry my gille suit and other items just like a backpack.

PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
i also use atripod folding stool.
which i attach to the back of my cat quiver- i put some extra compression straps on my cat quiver.
i can whip the seat out and be set up real quick.

if you would like some pics i can take some for you.
the seat can be backed up against a tree for a backrest if need be.

Offline ny state land

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
The Waldrop looks nice and light. I tend to carry a certain amount of stuff in my pack like a warmer coat,  rope,gutting gloves ext .. I also hunt quite a few different tracts of land the require some walking. Do the tripod type wests swivel?

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
I started using the hammock seat this year and so far I am liking it.  Talk about packable..
ChuckC

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
I use this feller. Works good and is not heavy. I can sit for a while quietly. Can also get up and sit easily (I'm a handicapped hunter).
  http://www.shop.bigjimsbowcompany.com/Ground-Hunter-Seat-GHSEAT.htm
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
I have tried them all, the 29.00 dollar ameristep swivel stool is by far the best, legs adjust.

It does not have a back is the only draw back, but logged many hours in it.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »
Waldrop, strap a pack on and you can carry all you need. I also have strapped a mini cat quiver on it also. I missed 2 deer from it this year.....lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Hammock packs great and can to carried in your cat quiver
Will McQueen

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Got to agree with Fred above. The seat Big Jim sells is nice. Quick and quiet to set up and take down. Actually there is no set up lean it against a tree or post and sit down. Only draw back is you have to have a tree or something to lean it against.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »
Check out the spot 360 seat.  He is a sponser on this site with a very great seat.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 12:51:00 AM »
I use a Dean Torges style tree seat (ties onto a tree at ground level) and a Jack Bowers Side Stalker quiver.  I can sit or carry the seat over my shoulder and still hunt.

http://www.bowyersedge.com/treeseat.html
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
I really like the Hammock seat and you can manuever pretty quiet with it.  However, I am working on a new idea to fit my needs better
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
I will give another thumbs up for the "hammock seat" here. It is light, comfortable, compact and quiet. All you need is a tree. It has replaced my Torges seat and is part of my standard ground hunting kit now. Great seat.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline ny state land

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Ok where is some info on the hammoc ? It sounds interesting

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
I like my hammock seat, but am 100% disatisfied with their customer service. I received the seat as a gift. I sat in it a few times and the grommet on the front strap came off. I emailed the company. It took them 3 weeks to get back to me. Their response was to contact the distributor I purchased it from. I replied that being it was in the heart of hunting season, all I wanted to do was purchase a new strap. I never heard back from them.. I ended up buying a grommet kit and fixing it myself. Its too bad because i really like the seat. I wont purchase another if that is their best customer service...

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
I have a Hunter Tree Seat that I made , and added a padded swivel seat to allow me to move into shooting position without standing . A touch heavy at about six pounds , easy set up and take down. So I purchased a hammock seat for the longer walk in hunts. Both of these products I highly recommend .  Ken
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©