3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lifetime SBD customer  (Read 520 times)

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lifetime SBD customer
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Gents,

It was because of my readings on this forum that I decided to buy a silent but deadly string.  I had some questions about ordering, so I called, and Pierre answered all my questions, and I could tell he was genuinely concerned that I got the string I needed.  It came today, man oh man.  I didn't know my bow could be so quiet.  Many tradgangers already know about SBD strings, but for those that don't I feel compelled to encourage anyone out there to try one.  A fantastic product.  I will be ordering a back up any day now.  Many thanks to SBD strings and Tradgang!!!  Shoot straight.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Mike Schlegel

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lifetime SBD customer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
Jake,

I had the same positive experience with Pierre and, as you, very pleased with my string. Sure get lots of comments on how 'skinny' the string is!
Life Member Idaho State Bowhunters
Life Member PBS
Senior Member Pope & Young Club
Life Member RMEF
Member Compton
Cari-bow Wolverine 54@28 "go to" bow

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 12:45:00 AM »
X3!

I've shot plenty of bows, with a multitude of strings, and every bow that I've upgraded to an SBD has benefited from the improvement. Great quality, great service, and great strings!
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
I bought a couple recently and really like them as well

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »
They are the best of the best.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
I've had the same experience. I have had one string that shot faster than my SBD that I found in a drawer. I have no idea what it's made of. However, his string has been the most quiet string I've used. It doesn't stretch after the break in. The mocks fit perfectly and the serving doesn't wear out fast. And the loops are tight enough I don't need a string keeper. I am sold on SBD strings. They are really great.

I keep three for my bow. One is my daily user to wear out. Then I have two hunting strings that I only use for hunting. My spare hunting string stays in my fanny pack and my user string stays with my hunting arrows. Using this method, I can ensure I always have a new, fresh, tuned in string for hunting even if one breaks because I also have a backup hunting string.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
Been using them for two years now on 5 different bows.  No hype, just a great product and superb service.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
Ah ha! Now I know who's fault it is that I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for my SBD strings!     :knothead:  

:D
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Ah ha! Now I know who's fault it is that I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for my SBD strings!     :knothead:  ,

:D
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Pierre is wonderful and all about customer service.  Great strings from great people!   :archer:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
Great Strings!  That is all I shoot.
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Welcome to the club!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Great customer service!!

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
I willing agree with everyone. He has made strings for my longbows and recurves. The last one he made for my Rambo Warf really has helped an average set of limbs perform great.

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
I'm going to have to go against the crowd on this one. I bought one of his strings. It was a great string. Fast, quite.
The problem was it broke right below the serving withinTwo months of shooting. I wrote him asking if by chance it was covered under warrantee the only answer I got was a email stating no warrantee expressed or implied .
That's a lot of money to spend on a string for that sort of response.
I've moved on to other venders who back their strings with a warrantee
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Quality strings for sure,  but I have never been able to get the Ultra - 6 strand strings to quit stretching on my 45-50# recurves.  Just took my Fox off the rack that has been strung throughout the bow season and noticed the BH was about 1.25" too low. I twisted the heck out of it and only got back about .75" It is twisted way more than I care to have it,  and still not close to my usual BH.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
You may contact them about that.  I shot mine in, maybe 20 shots.  It hasn't moved one bit.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
I've been shooting the 6 strand SBD's since they started offering them. You do not want to "twist the heck" out of skinny strings, or fat ones for that matter.  Negates their advantages and probably shortens the life. That's why they make them to exact length.  If they're too long there's a reason. I'd let Pierre look at it.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by Burnsie:
Quality strings for sure,  but I have never been able to get the Ultra - 6 strand strings to quit stretching on my 45-50# recurves.  Just took my Fox off the rack that has been strung throughout the bow season and noticed the BH was about 1.25" too low. I twisted the heck out of it and only got back about .75" It is twisted way more than I care to have it,  and still not close to my usual BH.
If you have that problem, you probably ordered a wrong lenght. My six strands SBD string only stretch the first 50 shots or so, maybe 1/8 of an inch. After twisting to the right BH, the string stays there forever, no stretching at all . I would discuss it with Pierre.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flying Dutchman:

Originally posted by Burnsie:
If you have that problem, you probably ordered a wrong lenght. My six strands SBD string only stretch the first 50 shots or so, maybe 1/8 of an inch. After twisting to the right BH, the string stays there forever, no stretching at all . I would discuss it with Pierre. [/b]
String length was correct on initial order and my brace height was fine as well.  This has happen since shooting in the string.  Had one for my Blacktail do the same thing last year.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©