3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow master trashing feathers?  (Read 769 times)

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow master trashing feathers?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
My lefty arrowmaster arrived today.  I will give it a go saturday.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:00 AM »
Sorry about your feather issue. I use the Arrowmaster and many I know do and never had that problem.

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
I've used an Arrowmaster for 3-4 years even to 3D shoots all summer and rarely have a feather problem.  I have more feather issues by slamming them together in the target than my quiver.  For hunting I usually carry 4 BHs and maybe a blunt or two and that is plenty for that quiver.  Try to stuff too many arrows in it and I can see having a problem.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
I have never had that problem. I use 4 broadheads in mine when hunting big game, since I also break down my 2 piece bow and put it in with the arrows when back packing or dragging deer. My feathers are Gateway 5.5" shields and they are fine.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by moebow:
Tim,

Can't answer for the Arrowmaster problems BUT if you simply put your feathers in steam, they will bounce back to as new  condition.

Arne
Thanks Arne ,
My wife was boiling water yesterday so I went and grabbed my messed up arrows. And althought I new of this method I haven't done it since is shot feathers out of my wheelie bows many years ago. They look pretty good now!
Just need to figure out placement in this quiver to keep em nice
Thanks Tim .

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
I load from the top as much as possible. I put them in from the bottom carefully.  I think the feathers you use make a difference both is size and quality.  When I use cheap feathers and jamb them in and out a lot like shooting 3D, I do get some feather issues particularly if I put in multiple arrows at the same time. I use a 1-arrow quiver on my bow now not help reduce how much I have to put an arrow in and out. I also try and  hang or stand the quiver on end rather than lay it down.  I think the feathers keep a little better shape that way.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Traddict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
I had the exact same problem that you are dealing with.  My arrows are cut 31", so a little hangs out the top.  My fletchings were always getting messed up.  I took an old carbon shaft and sewed it into the inside of the quiver.  This makes the quiver more rigid.  It won't fold in the middle while being used.  This has pretty much solved my fletching problems.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Traddict:
I had the exact same problem that you are dealing with.  My arrows are cut 31", so a little hangs out the top.  My fletchings were always getting messed up.  I took an old carbon shaft and sewed it into the inside of the quiver.  This makes the quiver more rigid.  It won't fold in the middle while being used.  This has pretty much solved my fletching problems.
I have seen others that have made the same mods.  Not sure why a light weight reinforcement rod is not used.
T ZZZZ

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
You can also mold the shape of the quiver a bit, opening it up (rounder).  This in itself makes it a bit stiffer.  I use one a fair amount and the only time I have that issue is when I stick way too many arrows in there.  I normally hunt with 3 BHs and 1 judo and have no issues in that conformation.

CHuckC

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by tracker12:

Originally posted by Traddict:
I have seen others that have made the same mods.  Not sure why a light weight reinforcement rod is not used. [/b]
It's really not necessry. About a year ago the Arrowmaster has been redesigned inside and out with a stiffer and stronger material. I was surprised how rigid mine is.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
I must have the older model..my feathers get trashed and I only load 4 from the top. my model folds fairly bad in the middle..or breaks down..whatever you want to call it. I actually cut a piece of plastic tube to insert in the quiver..makes it more rigid and the arrows don't smash together..there is defintitley a issue with feather damage... but it may be with the older models. I still think it is one of the best quivers going..even with the modification
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
I shot with my new arrowmaster for the last two days. Zero feather damage.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bear Heart:
I shot with my new arrowmaster for the last two days. Zero feather damage.
Field points or broad heads?

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
I must have the newer model too. Here is a picture of my bow in with my quiver and arrows. I backdpacked with the bow in the quiver for probably a total of 16 hours and hunted many days with arrows in that quiver before the picture of the arrow was taken. The arrow picture is from the same backcountry trip I made. No problems with my feathers.

TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
isn't  that a  picture  of  my  future ( someday ) bow ?
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Traddict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
That would make sense.  Mine is probably 3 years old. You could pull the arrows out of mine and look through the top and just barely see the bottom.  The arrow sewed to the inside back of it solved all of my problems.  The quiver works great now.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©