3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What kind of speed is everyone else getting? (Stalker Static 58" 45# @ 26 Chrono'd)  (Read 1703 times)

Offline GrisMunkyNinja

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally chrono'd my Stalker Wolverine 58" 45# @ 26 (static recurve limbs).  Easton Axis Traditional, 600 spine, about 490 gr, avg 160 fps.  What kind of speed is everyone else getting?  Also anyone know how to shrink images posted on here?  I've been pulling mine off my FB and they come out HUGE on Tradgang (sorry).  Just curious if there is a way to shrink after posting to FB, or should I shrink them prior to FB?

Stalker Wolverine 58" 45# @ 26

Offline karrow

• Trad Bowhunter
im glad you asked this question. i am not a speed freak, but i am always tinkering and tunning.

my setup Martin x200 52@27 B50 16 strand string 516 grain arrow

i average 155 fps
Kevin Day

Offline GrisMunkyNinja

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh yeah my string is 14 strands of 8125 w/ 4 mini cat whisker balls.

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool, once you set that mass into motion it will most likely do what you need it to do, btw, you might want to resize your pic before it gets deleted...
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Last time I chrono'ed my Sarrels Blueridge, I was at 177fps. I shoot 50#@ my 28 1/2" DL and the arrows were 530gr. I use a 14 srtand D-97 string with 2 wool yarn silencers.

I am sure it is a little slower than that now. I had a splinter in the glass on one of the limbs and the sanding to fix that caused a 1.4# weight loss. So now it is only 48.6# and I had to add a little weight to the front end of my arrows to make then tune correctly, and my arrows now are 560gr.

Bisch

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Wife's Dryad Orion ACS RC 43@29 gets 170fps with 517gr arrow, 12.5gpp. My Orion ACS CG 59@31"  gets 190fps with a 542gr arrow, 9.2gpp. Having monkey long arms pays in the speed department, but for me it sure stinks to try and tune arrows as I can't cut to tune since I need to have a full length arrow.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
The photos are supposed to auto resize these days, I remember there being a post about that from Terry I think.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
How long  is your draw?...that will tell us how many lbs you are pulling and help determine how well it's performing.  Not sure what your grains per pound are.

My zipper SXT with recurve c/f limbs 51@28 (I draw 29) was shooting a GT 5575 that weighed 540 grains at 195 last time I shot it.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline GrisMunkyNinja

• Trad Bowhunter
@Over&Under 26" is my dl.  Officially South shaped my bow as 48# @ 28", but I did an informal weight test by using a luggage scale and came in as 45# @ 26".
Kinda figured out the photo thing.  Made it clickable to the original image.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
With a heavy arrow over 10gr.pp, and only drawing 26", I'd say that's pretty damn good "real world" speed.

There are a lot of "hyped up" claims out there...

Stalkers are super bows with good performance, shooting characteristics, and built absolutely "bomb proof"...enjoy your South Cox creation!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Guru:
With a heavy arrow over 10gr.pp, and only drawing 26", I'd say that's pretty damn good "real world" speed.
I would have to agree...for only drawing 26"...that's not bad.

No go kill something with it   :thumbsup:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
First thigs first speed is seccond to accuracy.

That is a great realistic speed at 26. I have done a good bit of crono work and I wish I hadnt some days. I have shot a lot of bows and some are really fast that doesnt mean they are easy to shoot though.

I would put the stalker up against anything for over all shooting experiance.

Randy
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
I agree for a 26" draw that is excellent arrow speed at over 10gpp.  That is a fast bow.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Would believe your are in fine shape.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
My 62", 45#@28" Morrison Cheyenne with Max 1 carbon/foam limbs averages 183 fps with 483 gr arrows.  Even better than the speed it produces is its quietness and its consistent accuracy.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Ravenhood

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep pulling it back farther till you get the desired speed.  LOL

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Ravenhood:
Keep pulling it back farther till you get the desired speed.  LOL
I've been known to catch myself doing this when shooting through a chrono, all of a sudden the tip is on the shelf lol
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
Last time I chronoed my ACS I got 187 to 189 fps. That's a 61# bow drawn to 28in with a 600 gr arrow.  The flatter an arrows trajectory the easier accuracy will come. So speed is important to accuracy in that regard.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
I have shot recurves and longbows for close to 30 years and have never shot through a chronograph. Just never worried about the speed. I do know I could tell the difference between some of the many bows I have had just by shooting them.
PBS  Member

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
3-Piece all wood longbow of my own making.

64" ttt, 47#@25",

161FPS @ 10GPP
156FPS @ 500Gr
151FPS @ 535Gr

all @ 25" draw.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=125;t=010908;p=2

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©