3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TRAILCAM 2014  (Read 8444 times)

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TRAILCAM 2014
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »

He's back, had not seen him for more than two weeks. Until the rut starts you most likely will not see this big boy in the daylight. In four years I have seen him once in the day time and he was bugling like crazy.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »

Blacktail doe and twins

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Ken the baby on the left looks like a  kangaroo.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
Good eye Charlie ... it does doesn't it, must be some interbreeding going on in the Cascade Mountains of Washington, I thought that only happened in Oregon    :biglaugh:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2014, 07:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by elkken:
Good eye Charlie ... it does doesn't it, must be some interbreeding going on in the Cascade Mountains of Washington, I thought that only happened in Oregon     :biglaugh:  
:laughing:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
:biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Pulled these pictures this morning back in Shawnee National Forest behind my house. Looks like he's starting to shed.

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Wow sure does look like it
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
How often are you guys checkn cameras now?
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
I check mine about every 2-3 weeks. When I first set them out I do not check them for at least three weeks. The more I check them the fewer pics I will get. I mostly have mine up for elk and they do not tolerate much activity to make them go away.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
I just check mine when I'm in the area. I don't have but two or three out now and not in places I'm going to hunt very much anyway. They're in fairly close and these deer won't be coming through later when season comes in except after dark.

This buck here won't tolerate but one camera visit and he's gone till next July for the one series of pictures. This is the fourth yr. I've got the one series in the same spot.

I'm going to try seriously hard to find him this yr and hunt him..never hunted him previously.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
We have 10 cams out, check them once a week and average 500 to 1500 picks per cam they are on mineral licks and well scouted trails leading into feed fields. That's a lot of picks to go through and I wouldn't want to wait any longer, we don't decent or use any special precautions they will smell you anyway and get used to you. Very rarely do we only get just one pick of certain deer then there gone, might take some time but they will come back. Flash cams never seem to bother them either as matter of fact they look more at the IR and seem to ignore the flash models at times.

Most of our deer here in eastern KS shed in the first 10 days of September, a few will go early and a few later but 75% or more will go in those 10 days. At least they have in the last 8 years we have been running cams and keeping records. Looking forward to seeing them shed but I will miss the velvet.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
I love this thread ..... tell you what, though.... my hunting area does not have "critters" like that!

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »

"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
I'm going to respectfully disagree that the big ones don't care.....they do.  I try not to put cameras in "kill" spots.  It's like putting corn in the woods....yea, they like it, and they will eat it, but they know it ain't supposed to be there.  Just my opinion.

I do agree, however, that them getting your scent is not totally bad.  I'd rather a deer recognize it than determine it is completely foreign.  Again, just my opinion.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
Wow had to come back for another look.
Fella's thanks for sharing all those nice pictures.
With our Elk & Deer season starting on Sept. 6th it really starts the anticipation.   :archer:
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
Nice picks guys, kbetts that 3rd pick is a dandy buck hope you get a chance at him.

No were in my post did I say the big ones didn't care or little ones for that sorry if it sounded that way, and I under stand they can be different in other areas of the country. I am speaking of our deer in our area's and as big as B/C bucks that we have taken with our bows. We do not use our cameras to locate kill areas or hunt over bagged corn either. I will hunt over standing or cut corn fields and the trails leading to them in a heartbeat if you think that's cheating for some reason.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
Some of our younger bucks!

Tracy

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
No signs of shedding on any of our bucks yet but it wont be long around the 1st. Here's a nice heavy new buck, not real wide but a cool looking deer.

My son has changed the name of this buck to "Lefty"

Tracy

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Those are some big'uns....

I can get multiple pics on a mineral site, but elsewhere.....they're dang skittish after they find it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©