3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Update: Early Xmas Present from Russell Outdoor Guides  (Read 368 times)

Offline ShadeMt

• Trad Bowhunter
Update: Early Xmas Present from Russell Outdoor Guides
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
As many of you know, back in early December sponsor Jerry Russell of Russell Outdoor Guides graciously offered a chance to win a fully guided combination hog/turkey/bowfishing trip for April of this year.  It was quite a generous offer and was well received based on the number of  fellow tradgang members that tried their luck.   Like most, I figured I have time in April to make such a trip and my odds of winning are not that great but what the heck I will throw my name into the hat anyhow......

Fast forward a few weeks to December 23rd and as I am sitting in my office staring at a large mound of papers on my desk when I get an email notification from the webmaster @ tradgang.  I can hardly believe it when I read the subject line of the email.  I had hit the jackpot!  After breaking the exciting news to my wife(very understanding wife I might add since I had other out of state trips planned this year as well), I gave Jerry a call right after Christmas.  Immediately I could tell we would get along just fine as we talked over the countless options he had for making this trip happen.  Jerry told me to pick out a few days in April and he would reserve that block of time for me.  

Following up to our conversation, I dropped Jerry an email with the dates and he confirmed April 12-15th would work fine with him as well plus provided me a letter showcasing what to expect on this trip. I actually added another day of hog & possibly turkey hunting to the package because I figured if I am traveling 12 hours to hunt I might as well make the most of the trip!  To make it better for my travels, Jerry mentioned that he could book another trad hunter during that time so I quickly made contact with another interested hunter to tag along.  

So, as the wind howls outside and temps here in central PA drop well below zero, winter is much more tolerable knowing that in a few short months I will be headed south to warm central Georgia on this hunting/bowfishing marathon.  

Thanks again Jerry for such a generous offering and I will be certain to keep tradgang updated on my trip.  

Clay

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Update: Early Xmas Present from Russell Outdoor Guides
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
ShadeMt, Happy for you. Congradulations and thank you Jerry Russell.

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
You will have a great time, Jerry is top notch. Congrats .
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline rcheryhunter1949

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
That's awesome!!!

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
Looking forward to it Clay.

Offline ShadeMt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
Just wondering how many times I will watch all your You Tube videos between now and then.....

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
Congrats, sounds like it is going to be a great trip
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by ShadeMt:
Just wondering how many times I will watch all your You Tube videos between now and then.....
Ha! Those videos are fun to watch but they are even more fun to film. I just produced several more that are not published yet but you can find them on my Youtube channel. I just enjoy capturing those memories and sharing them with folks that care to watch.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©