3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beman centershots  (Read 275 times)

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
Beman centershots
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
I figured I'd  post a little tid bit on these since I have been shooting them for a while now.

Let me preface this with up to this point I have been a dyed in the wool fan off carbon express heritage shafts and I still really like them. My only gripe is they are made in Korea and if I can, and its a reasonable choice ill try to use American made, and Easton /beman is a historical company for what  we do and the release of the centershots peaked my intrest.

I have been shooting some ICS Bowhunters and they are wonderful, but without footing they mushroom pretty easy, and since I don't care to foot I kept looking for another American alternative to the bombproof heritage shafts.

I pick up a .400 and .500 centershot, they are supplied with 50/75 break off brass inserts and I only shoot 175 grain heads. Well the .500 with the 50 grain inset and 175 point was too weak to tune for my set up so I did the .400 with 75 grain insert and 175 up front. They tuned perfectly at 29.75 bop BUT they came in at 568 grains , which is heavier than I like to shoot.

Fast forward a month and I asked my local archery shot if they could get standard H inserts , and they did so I set out to retune some .500s. This time they tuned up perfect at 28 5/8" bop giving me a 460 grain arrow PERFECT.

So now I have a doz made up and shooting great. Wood grain finish is slick and pretty BUT my morrell bag target does rip them up pretty good. This is disappointing as the heritage shafts finish has yet to chip or peel in 3 years of shooting. But that is my ONLY complaint with this arrows.

So today I decided I would sacrifice one to see what abuse they could take.  I shot the same arrow , unfooted roughly 30 times into at live oak tree from 10-30 yards to see if the front end would mushroom like the ICS hunters. The arrow survived and is in extremely good shape , no nock blow outs either which is a plus.  

I am very happy with the new centershots, I do wish the finish was more durable but for $10 more a dozen than heritage arrows I feel it is a great value for an American product.
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Justin Vinci

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beman centershots
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
Center shots are great but they do weigh a bit more than my gold tips. Love the way they look but the finish could be better

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
Wow, I had to edit some of my words.... Auto correct made me look like a 3rd grade drop out LOL. I should have proof read better.
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Centershots have been my new go-to's since I decided I liked the savings over the Axis trads and also like the standard lipped insert vs the hidden a little better.  The MFX were my all time fav and I still keep an eye out for some.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
My only gripe is the finish as well. Other then that a good bullet proof arrow
I love Bow Hunting

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 01:15:00 AM »
Been testing some myself, so far really happy with them.

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
I haven't seen much of an issue with the finish. I shoot them into bag targets and 3-D targets. Not much in the way of wear issues other than when arrows glance off each other while in the target.

I have also conducted the cinder wall test...not deliberately. They held up very well.

Ron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©